Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Push-Pull 15"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 7:58pm
+1 I've had my eye on this thread to see what happens
overdrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 8:07pm
I happen to have 2 homeless 15S330 drivers dying for a new housing, will you publish the drawings?

Edited by overdrive - 16 April 2012 at 8:08pm
jeff generik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff generik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 8:22pm
I have 4 fane 15 b 400's lying around do you think they would work in a design like this?
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 3:39am
Originally posted by overdrive overdrive wrote:

I happen to have 2 homeless 15S330 drivers dying for a new housing, will you publish the drawings?

p.m. me your Email and I will send you the drawing. It will be as a dxf so you will need to load it into a CAD programme like the free Draftsight* to get dimensions but all the info you need is on there. I don't have time at the moment to dimension it up.

Tony

*  http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/overview/
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Chaps Chaps wrote:

Did this box ever become reality? Smile

Did a 12" version, but that went commercial Embarrassed

Tony

Chaps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 5:31am
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Originally posted by Chaps Chaps wrote:

Did this box ever become reality? Smile

Did a 12" version, but that went commercial Embarrassed

Tony

Oh, i see Smile

It's because I now have 4 KappaLite 3015LF in JBell SS15 tapped horns, but i'm not satisfied with the single-box output if you're doing a job with one on each side of the stage. I can centerstack two for a lot better performance, but it isn't that practical for all type og gigs.

So i was looking into trying another kind of box for them. Allways been a fan of simple reflex because of the sound quality and the fact that the cabs can be rather compact. And they work just fine on there own.

Was thinking about a compact cab with a V-baffle similar to this: http://www.novacoustic.com/english/VS215SUB01.jpg

But I then started to read more about PPSL enclosures and the benefits from push-pull and thought it sounded interesting, as I just see it as a kind of improved reflex design.

If you are familiar with the 3015LF, do you think it is possible to do something like your design/PPSL with good results? I'm really not into hornsresp, akabak etc., but maybe i should take my time to learn it?
overdrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 11:42am
DXF no problem, but the PM button...where is it?!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 11:56am
You need 2 more post's, 10 needed to PM anyone

overdrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 11:59am
Well that...
overdrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 11:59am
..shouldn't be..
overdrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overdrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 12:00pm
..(indeed Tony LOL)

Edited by overdrive - 17 April 2012 at 12:04pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 12:00pm
a problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>