Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Push-Pull 15"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 1:56pm
Looks good Tony, should have good output in a box not much bigger than a single HD15, i like the idea of keeping the weight in the middle too these things do make a difference. 
I was confused with the term "push pull" too, surely if one is pushing and the other is pulling they will cancel each other out, should really be push push,  or push push pull pull, or isobaric...
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

Looks good Tony, should have good output in a box not much bigger than a single HD15, i like the idea of keeping the weight in the middle too these things do make a difference. 
I was confused with the term "push pull" too, surely if one is pushing and the other is pulling they will cancel each other out, should really be push push,  or push push pull pull, or isobaric...

Cheers mate, I was hoping someone would pick up on the reason for the offset :)

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
eltron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

If you think about how the individual motors are working (when the pair is wired correctly i.e. technically out of phase) when the driver mounted with basket in the back chamber pushes the cone outward the other with basket out pulls its cone.

@ Tony
If these are plans you are otherwise willing to share I would happily help with drafting plans from your dxf-model for the good of SP's community. (No personal need for the plans as of yet)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by eltron eltron wrote:

@ Tony
If these are plans you are otherwise willing to share I would happily help with drafting plans from your dxf-model for the good of SP's community. (No personal need for the plans as of yet)

Thank you for the offer but I do not want the plans published until they have been built and proven to meet their design targets.

At the moment I just do not have the time to commit to building a pair however I am happy to provide the plans that I have got to folks on the understanding that no plans get published until I am happy that the design performs well.

Tony
eltron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 7:26pm
Yes, that makes perfect sense. Didn't mean to put any pressure on this matter.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2012 at 3:46am
Quick update, obtained drivers and hopefully should have a box completed in approx 2 weeks. More soon.

Tony
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Quick update, obtained drivers and hopefully should have a box completed in approx 2 weeks. More soon.

Tony

Watching carefully
smallfishbigpond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallfishbigpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Sheggy Sheggy wrote:

Tony

Watching carefully

indeed :)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 9:44am
Due to the amount of work at present had to put this on the back burner, however after the performance of the Q15 which has a similar alignment and uses the same drivers I will make sure that this is the next box I finish.

Tony
Forward Motion SS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forward Motion SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 10:54pm

Due to the amount of work at present had to put this on the back burner, however after the performance of the Q15 which has a similar alignment and uses the same drivers I will make sure that this is the next box I finish.

Tony

Thumbs Up
unclejam View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclejam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 2:16am
bump for a beer?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 9:20am
Quick update, these are being built by a fellow SP member who has kindly kept me up to date with the progress. Will post his images if he gives permission.

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>