Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSystem Sound-Off November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

Okay the MotioN54 squad have been having this discussion for couple of days bringing a element of competition into the SOUND-OFF not only is it a chance for a sound to blow off steam at full volume but to expand the next person into music he / she is unfamiliar with, there are hundreds of thousands of choons to be played not only to be playing Prophecy or Famine but starting from January there will be a next level being introduced to the SOUND-OFF as we want to get sounds back in the arena and not just waiting for "Carnival" wether Birmingham,Luton,Bristol or Notting Hill etc however not everyone will be able to afford to cut dubplates so this is about musical knowledge and quality of soundsystem so in 2012 let the games begin

love,peace and bassline
Solo MotioN54

Well done Motion 54, lets hope next year its a 6 or 8 scoop ting, that way we can separate the big sounds from the up and coming one with only 4 scoops !

Or at least have one off events for 6 or 8 scoops throughout the year. A clash ting will just become negative imo as there are a number of sounds cutting plenty dubs but there sound isnt worth a quatty. As Judge Dredd said earlier, get your sound to sound right first, and then cut some dubs. Bless up.

I am everywhere and I am nowhere!
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 3:57am

Changes will occur in 2012, but more will be revealed once we have fully trashed out all the options.

Feel free to air your opinions!!!

Right now, though our attention is on 6 november.
An interesting sound lineup!!!
MotioN54SOLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 11:16am
Advert is complete !!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 5:33pm
SOUND SYSTEM SOUND OFF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGdqnAECmc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
JudgeDredd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeDredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

Changes will occur in 2012, but more will be revealed once we have fully trashed out all the options.

Is that suggesting next year is minimum 6x scoop, 2x stack ting !?

Bwoy, might have to start buying extra speaker cable from now. LOL
"Please inform the Federation, we have engaged the Borg.."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 5:47pm
no Judge , we haven't made a final decision as yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGdqnAECmc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 5:48pm
But buy some set speed cos it's steppin up a gear
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by JudgeDredd JudgeDredd wrote:

Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

Is that suggesting next year is minimum 6x scoop, 2x stack ting !?

Bwoy, might have to start buying extra speaker cable from now. LOL

So we gonna get a chance to hear you system Dredd?
"Music is life"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeDredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

So we gonna get a chance to hear you system Dredd?

No comment. Wink
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2011 at 9:06am
Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

Okay the MotioN54 squad have been having this discussion for couple of days bringing a element of competition into the SOUND-OFF not only is it a chance for a sound to blow off steam at full volume but to expand the next person into music he / she is unfamiliar with, there are hundreds of thousands of choons to be played not only to be playing Prophecy or Famine but starting from January there will be a next level being introduced to the SOUND-OFF as we want to get sounds back in the arena and not just waiting for "Carnival" wether Birmingham,Luton,Bristol or Notting Hill etc however not everyone will be able to afford to cut dubplates so this is about musical knowledge and quality of soundsystem so in 2012 let the games begin

love,peace and bassline
Solo MotioN54

i do like this idea Clap
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2011 at 9:21am
i dont think theres any need for judges, clash etc etc

when 3 or 4 sounds meet inna venue everybody wants to do there best and walk away happy with there effort & contribution, some will go in with the intention to "ruff up the place" aswell which i dont see nothing wrong with healthy friendly competition

the feedback thats recieved through this forum and via other channels is enough to know what the public thought of the dance but at the same time i dont see anything wrong with voting slips IF people want to fill them in

ive seen when some of the rice n peas events have turned into a "clash" and even though the entertainment factor was great its not something id like to try myself

Edited by tweeter box - 27 October 2011 at 9:22am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeDredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2011 at 9:25am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

i dont think theres any need for judges, clash etc etc

when 3 or 4 sounds meet inna venue everybody wants to do there best and walk away happy with there effort & contribution, some will go in with the intention to "ruff up the place" aswell which i dont see nothing wrong with healthy friendly competition

the feedback thats recieved through this forum and via other channels is enough to know what the public thought of the dance but at the same time i dont see anything wrong with voting slips IF people want to fill them in

+1

Dub Clash is definetly my thing, as this is where it's the "machines" & music that are battling.

But clashes where 5x tunes are played for 1 minute, just for the artist to mention the sound name is not entertainment in my books.

Edited by JudgeDredd - 27 October 2011 at 10:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>