Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSystem Sound-Off November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JudgeDredd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeDredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Showcase Showcase wrote:

H who!!! Not what you play it's how you play it. It's the general ego I'm on about. As we do more sound system hire than anything that's what I hear most from the ladies.... The Dj's are playing to themselves and this is in all arenas I go in. Come on solo we come from the same school you know... Jah tubbys at brook house nuff ladies then!!

I think ladies opinion applies mostly to a Dance.

RicenPeas & Soundsystem soundoff as I understand it, is opportunity for crew to test their machine, in presence of other crews/soundman. If soundman brings his woman, nice, but gig priority to impress other soundman, not women, yes?

Proper soundman's woman will complain if not enough heavy tunes are played, or bare dubplate/dancehall tings played. LOL

My woman asked me if I was ready to go at last gig, when vocal only track was played.Confused

Edited by JudgeDredd - 03 November 2011 at 11:09am
"Please inform the Federation, we have engaged the Borg.."
Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 10:39am
H who!!! Not what you play it's how you play it. It's the general ego I'm on about. As we do more sound system hire than anything that's what I hear most from the ladies.... The Dj's are playing to themselves and this is in all arenas I go in. Come on solo we come from the same school you know... Jah tubbys at brook house nuff ladies then!!
MotioN54SOLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 8:52am
hummm... kinda agree but tend to disagree, it's kinda like Formula 1 or Boxing mostly male dominated events however one & two ladies in the place attend to support people they know,if it starts to change up away from the original concept that means the music playlist will change to accomidate ladies which means another same ol same ol,all these events with excessive sound systems ie World Cup Clash,Shaka,Scala etc have a few women but it's a man ting , I don't wana start hearing H-Town or Trey Songs in a Sound Off bruv

Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 7:01am
No wonder the ladies have stopped coming to dances..... What's happened to plain old entertainment? Does it have to be pure roots & culture and bass pressure?

Come on guys!! Dubplates or crate digging it's all the same thing. Mine is bigger than yours and I can play what you can't not what the sound off is about... 2012 all change!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 5:15pm
well said it's all about D.I.T.C

Diggin In The Crates
dan i dubdub View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan i dubdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 4:50pm
"bored of listening to a sound play 30 secs of a tune jus coz it has there name in it"
too true Tweeter, too true.

Not interested.  Crate digging, now you're talking.  My only experience of running clashes was a series of revival clashes, which had only a few rules:

1. No music after 1985 (it was a revival session)
2. No personal dubplates = automatic disqualification for breaking this rule
3. Dig deep and entertain us

The only people really impressed by sound playing personal dubplates are the sound playing personal dubplates.  It's boasting, not Jah vibes.
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 4:39pm
Well VEX!!AngryGonna miss this one.
Hey jason, give us a live update with your I-Phone. I'll keep checking on here to see thoughout the night.
"Music is life"
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 8:00am
A few days to go!!

Any queries regarding this episode then contact Motion54SOLO.

tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

Well ali  i know is that i won't be playing no dubplates just 45s from the street old and new i don't think it would do me any good anyway because i have to make sure my system is ready first then maybe,but i still think not.

Star

Edited by tweeter box - 28 October 2011 at 11:44am
waxhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waxhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2011 at 1:29pm
Well ali  i know is that i won't be playing no dubplates just 45s from the street old and new i don't think it would do me any good anyway because i have to make sure my system is ready first then maybe,but i still think not.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2011 at 11:57am
That's the one I been looking for, some digging in the crate business
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2011 at 11:31am
Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

It's what "you" the public request but not all sounds can afford dubplates / specials
a sound can kill with 45s same way, just draw for some obscure riddim get a big forward then kaput !!

The 6th November should be interesting!!

tbh id also get bored of listening to a sound play 30 secs of a tune jus coz it has there name in it, dont get to enjoy the tune that way

a strictly obscure music event would be interesting, i know the real music lovers would appreciate that, no regular tunes jus one a way bizness is definatly something id like to see/hear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>