Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Void amps
    Posted: 13 September 2004 at 6:45pm

rog,

heard a rumor that the new Kinetic and infinate void amps are going on sale v soon, if not already? this true?

Need 2000w a side into 3ohms to power 4 new labs. I'm sure you'l tell me why the infinate 7 is better than the 5k macrotechs?

Out of intrest, i would gues they are class H, and the kinetic are probably class T? Herad rumors of the prices, and they look great.

cheers.

davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 6:46pm
P.s Heard Void was showing off a 21" bandpass sub that went down to 18hz at PLAZA. sounds sick.
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 6:53pm

Just got back from Plasa. It was great to meet you Rog.

The new amplifiers and systems set up in the demo room were awesome.

Yes, there was a 21in sub there, it is part of the new install system.

Very impressive :)

Jamie

loophole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 9:33pm
davey you could quite happily run all four labs off one inf8, you'll get 1850w to each one, which will sound fine, and won't have to buy two infinite 7s

yeah the statik bass bins looked and sounded beautiful. personally what most impressed me was the stasys mid tops, its the first time ive heard them running as theyre meant too. they really make a beautiful sound, more what you would expect from a audiophile home system than a PA.
unfortunately only heard a quick blast of the old jungle/Dnb, most of the time rog was revelling in showing off the treble with some smooth female vocal stuff ;)
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 12:02am

Yeah, i have to agree, the clarity of the top end from those Stasys 3's was just amazing.

davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 9:10am

Yea, the infinate 8 looks like a beast. any idea about what/how many plugs it has and how many amps it pulls from the wall, as we often run things from Jennys. cheers.

would it be able to handle the 1.5ohm impedance?

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 10:40am

The Infinites will only handle a minimum of a 2ohm load.

loophole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 2:10pm
yeah, that's the only issue, it comes fitted with a 32A plug - you can run it off less, but only if you keep the gains down, which you're not going to!

i wouldn't be all that surprised if it could handle a 1.5ohm load. its got a more solid power supply than crown5ks, so if you can expect them to run (if a little strained) into 2 ohms, then you might be able to push 1.5 on the infinite. personally i wouldn't risk it, but talk to rog cos he'll know whether you're going to blow up £1.2k of amp or not!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 2:28pm

It would probrably just keep going into protect when you give it some stick. As you say, it depends on the circuity.

Only heard 1 lights worth of sound on the amps yesterday, i dare to think how it performs at full.

JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 3:18pm

The amp won't need a 32A plug if driven with music. Music has at least 10dB crest, so the output is 10dB below the peaks. If it is a real good amp I guess it will do peaks of 4000W per ch at 2 ohms with 10dB crest giving you around 800W RMS. Let's say there will be even more peak output, so the amp puts out 1500W RMS with (typical) music signals and let's say the efficiency is 50%, so we get a input power of 3000W for a bad case. 3000W are 13A in Europe.

This 32A plugs are more a showoff thing. Only needed if you want to test the amp, not needed in realworld applications.

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 3:21pm
I must admit, ive got a 6k amp rack running fine off a 13a plug, and it does get pushed quite hard. Its never tripped or blown a fuse.
loophole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 3:27pm
but by that logic i would be able to run two infinite 8s (a total of 14800w) of my 6kW generator. which you know is not the case!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>