Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cepiar Amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cepiar Amps
    Posted: 23 February 2023 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by cryz2 cryz2 wrote:

seems to be quit clean inside , it did have some very back dust that i cleaned out , looks like it might have a 2x leaking  capacitors , it looks like some black goo has seeped though the glue on the caps nearest the fans , at first i thought some dust had just collected on the glue but it looks like a bit of a leak :/
the amp dose sound nice
 i had on channel drop out for a few seconds on power up , but seemed to be fine after , i gave the amp a half power test on Channel A and then on B , then a full power test for about an Hour ,

with out any issues ,

Speaking of which...

So they mounted the caps right in the middle of the heatsinks, on top of the output transistors and over time black goo seeped out of those cans.... Well, that was a good show ! Jolly good show chaps ! Ouch

/me slaps the amp designer around a bit with a sack full of leaked caps...

Edited by M4trix - 24 February 2023 at 1:42am
digitalfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitalfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 10:53pm
Hello, rehashing a old thread here but wonder if anybody could help me with the specs of this Cepiar amp i just picked up off ebay.

starion156 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starion156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2013 at 8:45pm
I have a cepiar RS-450 amp badged as a Virgin Cinema.  I was wondering if anyone had a circuit diagram for these amps?

The fan control board has developed a fault and I am trying to determine what the components labelled as TS1 and TS2 are on the circuit board as I think on of them may have blown.

I noticed that there appears to be a few people who have responded to this thread who might be able to help.

Edited by starion156 - 29 September 2013 at 8:46pm
chickenfizz View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 1:41pm
I 'only' needed two, I agree it's borderline uneconomical, but after already tracing one fault and spending time on it I'm not in the mood for throwing it in the bin, besides, I can't bare doing that, generally speaking if I can fix a bit of kit then I will! Even if it is 'uneconomical'. Obviously there comes a point when something is so knackered/worthless that a line has to be drawn, but I prefer to keep stuff working and out of landfill even if I don't make money on it.

I'll probably give this amp to someone I know who's in need of one (unless someone on here wants it off me for £130?)

Smile
BUZguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUZguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 11:20am
Originally posted by chickenfizz chickenfizz wrote:

Sure, a top secret electronics supplier... R.S. :)

Link to the exact product:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium/2271232/

How many of these did you need in total? At £21 each you've got to watch what you spend on a S/H amp or it may not be an economical repair unless these amps really appeal to you and you have a soft spot for them and want to keep them and not sell on.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 9:15am
Sure, a top secret electronics supplier... R.S. :)

Link to the exact product:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium/2271232/

cryz2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryz2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2012 at 9:14pm
HI chickenfizz could you please tell me ware you sourced the your replacement capacitors from

Thank you

Force one sound system
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2012 at 7:01am
I have one of these, developed a fault recently, no output on left channel. Just got around to looking at it, high Voltage rails OK on both sides, low voltage rails all OK at regulator outputs, but the op-amps on the input board were floating at around -15v, traced it to a broken track, seemed to have been corroded away... Guess what? Leaking high Voltage filter cap!

And no wonder they've failed, they're 80V 19000uF caps in one channel, and 100v 15000uF in the other! I measured +/- 82V on them which is too much for an 80V capacitor. Both types of capacitor have similar date codes and are by the same manufacturer so I have no doubt that it left the factory this way. Any of these amps with 80V caps need upgrading as they won't last being operated that close to their limit. Getting replacements is not straight-forward either, in fact I've not found any 5 pin 100V caps in the 15000-19000uF range that fit in the space (critically 40mm dia by 105mm length or less). The closest I could find of the right dimensions that was in stock anywhere was 10,000uF which I'm happy to settle for, there's not a lot in it. I was hoping to get 105deg ones too, but no such luck.
Devinder1940 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devinder1940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 4:29pm
I have one of these Amps. Has anyone got its full specification please.
Amateur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2011 at 9:00pm
Yes, time is time :)

I'm changed leaking caps, and amp works fine. Real test this saturday night. :)
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2011 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Amateur Amateur wrote:

i am not 100% on what the 3 way stereo switch dose ???
is to the left  mono ?
to the right  bridge ?
and centre stereo ?
dose anyone have any input

This is correct. mono or bridge LED lighting when switch mono or bridge position.

Leaking caps.... :S 

That'll happen on a amp this old sometimes!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Amateur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2011 at 8:44pm

i am not 100% on what the 3 way stereo switch dose ???
is to the left  mono ?
to the right  bridge ?
and centre stereo ?
dose anyone have any input

This is correct. mono or bridge LED lighting when switch mono or bridge position.

Leaking caps.... :S 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>