Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone tried these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone tried these?
    Posted: 28 October 2011 at 9:00am
Behringer inuke nu3000. 
Looking at changing a couple of our amps (my back has had enough of our warrior xs2500 at 30+k), although Im not a big fan of berry stuff I saw these on the tohmman site. They look to have more than enough power for what I want but feel that you need to over spec on these light weight cheap amps.
The use will be to run tops full range in smaller venues, over bins in larger ones for wedding style disco and speach, the old xs2500 have about the right amount of power, mayby to much for my new tops but its the power that im looking for from a light weight amp.

To much power? NEVER.
fredos666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredos666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 4:44pm
I have one. Decent for the price, not as powerfull as the Peavey IPR3000. Overheat easily at 4 ohms per side on heavy material. Sound OK, not ''wow''... Go with the Peavey. No thermal problem so fare...That's all I can say.
kingkwak View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 8:09am
having had another look at them online, the spec sheets always put that it delivers 2x1500w @4 ohm but is that rms or what? is this why the twice the price peavey is better?
To much power? NEVER.
fredos666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredos666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 5:14pm
If they do it, they dont do it for long...Lot of compression
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 6:55pm
if your after something light have a look at the tsa2200, lightweight and cheap yet sound very nice
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 8:05pm
I got a chance to test one on the bench recently.  They don't meet their rated power but I didn't notice any problems with overheating.  Running one channel at 4Ohms it managed a full power sine wave continuously without getting hot.  Certainly better than the EPX and EPQ series amps which can't sustain a full power sine wave for more than a couple of seconds.

Not the cleanest output I've seen from a class D amp but not the worst either.  Didn't get a chance to do a listening test for audio quality.

In general, wasn't as bad as I thought it might be!

Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 1:15am
They will meet there rated power but only for a few seconds, there RMS burst rated like powersoft or lab gruppen, a German magazine that did a comprehensive test on the inuike 3000, the link is on the behringer product page. 
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 11:32am
My experience was the opposite, the iNuke I tested managed about 500WRMS from one channel but was able to sustain it.

The difference may be that I was only running one channel which the PSU is capable of powering continuously.  The review in the German magazine suggests that the limit is with the PSU rather than the outputs stage.

Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2011 at 12:12pm
That sounds about right for a sustained sine wave on one channel,  for short bursts you can get more clean output, like you say the PSU cannot sustain it for very long but there is voltage headroom in the output stage, it can sustain a continuous sine wave at lower voltage though. 

The German test showed 375W at 4 ohms long term with both channels driven, 600W for 3 seconds and 870W for a 20 ms burst, so 500W long term with one channel driven seems about right to me.

I have had one sat here for a while but i havent got round to testing it properly myself, my mate did some bench tests and as i remember his results were vaguely similar to the results in the German magazine.  

Im kinda waiting on the Inuke 6000, they may be a good candidate for running one channel on bass and the other on lower power mid high.
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply