Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show off your HIFI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 3:07pm
I think these look absolutely awsome ... but imagine them loaded with Volt radial drivers .. what a feature piece that would be
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

Here's something that's been shown before.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)
Powered by MC2 & XTA
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 9:05pm
Strange you should say that. When I started the Auracoustic Range, this was the first model. I decided to build the biggest thing first, which set the pace for all the smaller cabs that followed. After these were built using ATC and Morel, I changed to Volt. I have known David for a very long time, and after my brief flirtation with ATC, who I have also know since day one, I decided that I could work with volt a lot easier. Dave is a good man to have on board. Here's the cabs with volt. The first pair went to the South of France and this pair went to the South of England.

TechnoChef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoChef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

Strange you should say that. When I started the Auracoustic Range, this was the first model. I decided to build the biggest thing first, which set the pace for all the smaller cabs that followed. After these were built using ATC and Morel, I changed to Volt. I have known David for a very long time, and after my brief flirtation with ATC, who I have also know since day one, I decided that I could work with volt a lot easier. Dave is a good man to have on board. Here's the cabs with volt. The first pair went to the South of France and this pair went to the South of England.

The subs firing downward at the bottom, do they use the cab and the floor as some kind of horn?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 9:43pm
When I was configurating (not sure whether that's a word) the cab, I did want to connect the sub bass to the floor. I didn't think of it as a horn because of the open sides, but this configuration certainly helps to create a bit more gain on the Sub.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 1:27am
Here's another photo of some cabs that have been shown before.

Lee In Montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee In Montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 5:06pm
I used to be a huge fan of the older Kef stuf. Since 1980. Kalinda, Cantata and 105/2

I even made a "modern" 105/2

Edited by Lee In Montreal - 15 January 2012 at 5:07pm
mrspeedy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrspeedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 7:41pm
Thought I would add my system here.
Its a nice genuine 70's system comprising a pair of Yamaha NS210's and JVC JA-S310 Amp and JVC JT-V31 Tuner.

Still sounds really good!

Yamaha NS210's Above

And The Amp + Tuner Below

RosscoPico View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosscoPico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 1:13pm
Nice job Tony!  Am liking the back ones best - look badboy, would love to hear them :)  Again just in cosmetic terms (as I've not heard either), I think the Volts look like nicer drivers.

Here's my old hi-fi setup;

(btw...that's not me in the photo!)

Sadly I had to part with my separates but I've still got the speakers (Dunlavy SC-V's).

They were common in recording studios and Sony used them in theirs.  They had a similar reputation at the ATC SCM300's for studio mastering use.  I'm using smaller speakers at the moment though as I'm living up a few flights of stairs so would be too much hassle to move them, especially at 17 stone a piece!

Sadly Dunlavy (the brand) is no more, they were one of the very few (only 3 or so) audio loudpspeaker manufacturers tha designed time and phase accurate speakers (or at least they claimed to be)...

P.S. nice work Lee, my very first speakers were Kef 104aB monitors, they had a lovely rich sound and got me hooked into hi-fi when I was about 13 years old.  I always used to dream of owning some 105/3's or 107/2's but that never happened....

Edited by RosscoPico - 22 January 2012 at 1:16pm
.:ELEMENT 5 SYSTEMS:.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 5:22pm
Here's my contribution to the tall slim ones.

wayward91 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayward91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Lee In Montreal Lee In Montreal wrote:

I used to be a huge fan of the older Kef stuf. Since 1980. Kalinda, Cantata and 105/2

I even made a "modern" 105/2

nice , what are the ones in the middle with the b139's ?? is that a yamaha amp i see ? i nearly got one instead of my linn.
Lee In Montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee In Montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:43pm
The speaker with a B139 is a 1979 Cantata

The amp is a Nikko Alpha. Sold since and replaced by a string of Yamies

My home is equipment is all JBL 1970s gear. Which I also consider hi-fi. hi-po hi-fi

GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 12:27am
I've got a pair of the Kef reference 105/2's A customer at work gave them to me! Also another work customer has written into his will that he wants me to have his big old lowther speakers when he goes. Nice man!
100% Earth Moving Bass
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>