Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show off your HIFI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 4:12pm
finished building the tops for my micro flat hifi. 

bi weird tops faital 3" 22 for midbass and dayton tiny nd16fa -6 tweeters 
rear ported.
midbass rolled off at 90 to 100hz to sub. hf crossed 4khz to mid. 
fiberglass orbs made from 8mm woven fiberglass with ply ribs inside for stiffness.
grills designed by me and brother (solid works by my bro) and 3d printed out of alumide.
running them full range at the moment they dont sound half bad in the low end department but once the sub is up and running im sure there will be a much better sound scape.

here are a few pics 

I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 4:35pm
Very nice....look forward to seeing the Sub too.
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 4:56pm
How are you NOT selling these to high end fashion boutque stores across london?? They look very fancy and once you tell them its "hi-fi sound" for their rich clients in their over priced store they will be begging you to hang a load from the ceiling in all sorts of colours....

...just saying like.....

Very well done job by the way!

Edited by mini-mad - 18 September 2015 at 4:56pm
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 5:03pm
That's Beautiful!
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2015 at 7:06pm
Thanks guys. yeh the sub is on its way pics next week end. doing something a bit interesting with the sub.
mini mad. cheers i will perhaps put them into production but the idea of haveing to make the molds for them to be made in fiberglass fills me with dred. but im sure i could find someone to make them for me. i need to give them a proper shake down first with the sub and make sure there not turkeys but so far just on there own with no eq they sound remarkably good. 
the specification by my girlfriend for them was to be small, look good and sound good. she seems happy but my outboard for running them with the sub is hilarious, 3 samson servo amps (hf) 170 midbass (260) sub 550. dbx crossover and 15band eq. lucky i built a 19" rack into the shelves in the living room.  
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2015 at 9:59pm
Going into Paint tomorrow but a few pics of the sub that goes with the orb speakers above. 
Iso-barric speaker 2x 5"number one dvc speakers running the sub from 40hz to 90hz with a 24db slope to the orbs. 

Crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 7:27pm

Edited by Crash - 03 May 2016 at 7:30pm
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Crash Crash wrote:

Some details about this setup.

Bet it sounds sweet, but wife approval factor 0 this...
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 1:58pm
All JBL drivers 
2245 18"
2123 10" mid
2450 2" exit on E-JMLC 300 horns stunning sound.
2405 tweeter. Trouble getting them with genuine JBL diaphragms.

Running via Marchand active analogue crossover.

Vintage Pioneer M 60 amplifiers.

All time aligned physically but it would be great if I could find someone who had the gear to do some proper measurements to get it spot on.

It really does sound very nice and even the wife approves.
wayward91 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayward91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 1:49pm
My "Big Hi Fi" , this is the second system in my studio flat/class room for when the hi-fi , hi-fi isn't loud enough or I'm cooking / washing up or general pottering as the systems are set up on different walls. And being a pa this system has better off axis response.

Pair of logic is8's and a ohm moon sub powered by 2 ohm fl700 amps. connected to the pc via a usb dac with xlr outs.

Edited by wayward91 - 26 April 2017 at 3:14pm
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 5:34pm
I've got a pair of those Tannoy that I found in a skip…
wayward91 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayward91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 9:34pm
Haa , I didn't use them for long but they aint bad considering what they are when you put a sub with them. They don't have a tweeter that is electronically connected to anything so you cant blow them. Good idea tbh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>