Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show off your HIFI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 11:20pm
Mine is running a bit out of hand, also has a couple of Cloud 6 channel amps in the loft and a 8<>8 Extron Matrix....
wayward91 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayward91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 8:05am
It does look a little out of hand, how many zones ? ... Them onkyo amps run hot , might want to give it a little more air , what is it a txnr609 or something ? If it is they got a little fan in the lid.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 8:27am
Unracked, simply stacked with a tv directly on top?
You must be a bachelor, or have a very forgiving girlfriend.
Why so many soundwebs? Do you have a speaker in every corner of every room?

And here i was thinking a 3-way active setup with 1 dcx was overkill for hifi...
Best regards,
Teun.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 9:48am
It is a 616, the panel is on a wall bracket, I need to move them to the AV rack in teh loft but, on my to-do list...

I only have 6 zones, but it is a bit of a mess the way it evolved, I just never seem to get time to tidy it all up...

Smile
Ricci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by wayward91 wayward91 wrote:

Them onkyo amps run hot , might want to give it a little more air , what is it a txnr609 or something ? If it is they got a little fan in the lid.

That's the truth. Mine always ran hot even when idling. Probably not good for the lifespan to be trapping all that heat in there.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Ricci Ricci wrote:

Them onkyo amps run hot , might want to give it a little more air , what is it a txnr609 or something ? If it is they got a little fan in the lid.

That's the truth. Mine always ran hot even when idling. Probably not good for the lifespan to be trapping all that heat in there.

Class A / AB sounds the best! Nevermind that it's caning your electric bill even when there no tunes playing.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 1:24am
LOL
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 1:26am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

It is a 616, the panel is on a wall bracket, I need to move them to the AV rack in teh loft but, on my to-do list...

I only have 6 zones, but it is a bit of a mess the way it evolved, I just never seem to get time to tidy it all up...

Smile

Stop being so lazy. Get on with it! :) 
Billy Dawg.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by Ricci Ricci wrote:

Class A / AB sounds the best! Nevermind that it's caning your electric bill even when there no tunes playing.

An old mate found one of those Onkyo amps on the pavement outside a pub that was being refurbished once, it was soaking wet but he stuck it in the airing cupboard for a few days and it worked perfectly after, It seemed to have a bit of grunt about it to be fair. And I'm listening to an ancient class A Technics amp now, sounds lovely....Smile
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 10:01pm
I have one of those big old Onkyo amps here,about early1990's vintage. Weighs like an elephant,25kgs,has 3 transformers inside. As said above,they have a fair bit of poke too.

Be seeing you.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 10:28pm
^^^That's a bloody beast! I can just imagine all the wires hanging out the back if it was used to full potential.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 1:17am
Awesome....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>