Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSystem Sound-Off December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 10:33am
what about a small name tag on entry for Speakerplaners?

too many people in groups not chatting, name tags would break the ice ; )
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 10:42am
hope we get to see?hear 8 s118sNuke
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
soundcritic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 11:06am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Originally posted by Marvin Marvin wrote:

would be good to hear a two stack system in a venue that size, hopefully no one should blow or damage anything. I have attended several and most sounds are pushing their systems past their comfortable limits trying to impress punters with only 4 boxes in such a big venue but different strokes for different fokes. 
nail on the head

venue that size should have 16 scoops to run comfortably 

what I heard the other day was run in to the red(being pushed), same as 8 would

16 wouldn't need to be pushed

shame they have those metal shutters, otherwise the room could be partitioned off

Looking forward to this one - Big up Motion 54. Should be very interesting with 8 scoops. I also agree with Levyte (8 scoops is about right for that venue) No one should need to 16 scoops in a venue of that size unless they are inefficient! I suppose we will know for sure come the 5th December

Heard Kayak once before at Rice and Peas and they sounded heavy - i believe they were using 1851's off a PL380

Ballistic are always consistent so I'm expecting good things there also with their 1850's off a Void

I've only heard Qualitex once before but expecting good things also. I believe they use 1851's in a mini scoop off a K10.

As the promoters stated, hoping to be entertained with tune but also with a good mic man as this creates more vibes as proven at the last sound check. Bless up all the sounds
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 11:10am
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

hope we get to see?hear 8 s118sNuke

Yes, driven by 2x MA5000VZ or 2x CA18.

So a few people could hear what all the fuss is about.LOL

Would also be good if a crew had distro with V/Ammeter, so we can see any voltage drop.

Edited by levyte357 - 11 November 2011 at 11:23am
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 11:21am
So a few people could hear what all the fuss is about.........+1 so many peeps never heard any,i rem the first time i heard some s118s and was blown away!!!on a mono block lynks 5k years ago,its been down hill ever since LOLLOLLOLLOL!!

Edited by paulus - 11 November 2011 at 11:22am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
MotioN54SOLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 12:48pm
Y'know that's a grand idea but will everyone be willing to participate ?? I'm sure some of them roaches that have upset a few peeps won't be wearing name tags , but yes I will ensure to purchase labels and hopefully someone won't be calling themself James Bond or Colonel Gaddafi
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

Y'know that's a grand idea but will everyone be willing to participate ?? I'm sure some of them roaches that have upset a few peeps won't be wearing name tags , but yes I will ensure to purchase labels and hopefully someone won't be calling themself James Bond or Colonel Gaddafi

Thumbs Up
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

I should really come to one of these, I live about 10 mins away.

Incidentally I did a rave on harbett road a few years ago and had loads of well dressed people coming in, they must have been at a function at the golden palace because there's nothing else around there that's open at night.

be good to see you again mate, pass by if you've got the time Thumbs Up
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 3:10pm

it would be their choice to wear one or not. I would wear one, I love a chat
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 3:15pm

it would be their choice to wear one or not. I would wear one, I love a chat

@Mykey...  Matey you don't have time for name badges..

You'll be busy constructing a "full" 5x way, 4x "sub"  reggae system, for someone showcase.LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 3:24pm
 already on it Lev LOL
Ras Elder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Elder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 7:01pm
My name self explanitary... coming support you Qualitex, you HAVE to come and support us when we play London. I will give you a flyer when I reach.

Edited by Ras Elder - 11 November 2011 at 7:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>