Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSystem Sound-Off December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SoundSystem Sound-Off December
    Posted: 10 November 2011 at 10:22pm

Featured Sounds:- 

QUALITEX (Bristol)

KAYAK AUDIO (West London)

BALLISTIC (Luton) 

THIS EDITION ALLOWS SOUNDS TO BRING 8 SUBS MAX SPLIT INTO TWO STACKS!!!!

A sound can bring upto 8 sub boxes no bigger than a scoop with each sub cab comprising a max of 1 driver (2 drivers if reflex). 

Kick cabs are also allowed but must play kick/high bass frequencies!! 

All scoops will be classed as sub duty cabs only. 

THESE GUIDLINES ARE SET IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

We are aware there are gonna be different views on definitions of sub, kick, driver amounts in cabs etc but we believe the cab size is more important than the 1 driver or 2 per cab in sub boxes roughly the same volume................BUT UNTIL PROVEN DIFFERENT AT ONE OF OUR EVENTS WE WILL STICK TO THIS THEORY!!!

EACH SOUND IS ENTITLED TO AT LEAST ONE 32amp CEEFORM CONNECTION REGARDLESS AT WHAT TIME THEY ARRIVE 

SoundSystem Sound-Off is a SoundCheck after all, but we would still like to see sounds entertaining the punters with music and vibes with their microphones as this is key to keeping these kind of events alive!

GOLDEN PALACE BANQUETING SUITE,
Unit 39 Hastings wood Trading Estate,
Harbet Street,
London
N18 3HU

5pm till 11pm 

Below is a map and directions to help you locate venue.

The blue spot roughly marks where venue is located on map.

I suggest approaching from the Argon Rd end of Harbet Rd.
Follow the road up passing car pound on your left and as the road starts to bend to the left past the first large trading estate, you should see on your right, signs for "Hasting Wood Trading Estate" and "Golden Palace" and  "Eddies Cafe"

Turn right into estate and go through barrier by pressing buzzer and asking for access to Golden Palace.
Continue pass the first building on your right and then turn right and continue straight ahead.

You will see "Eddie's Cafe" and "Golden Palace" straight in front of you...........you have arrived!!!
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10px">

</SPAN>

Edited by Motion54 - 18 November 2011 at 7:32pm
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 10:39pm
Big smile LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!
"Music is life"
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 10:54pm
gonna be a heavy nightThumbs Up
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 11:24pm
Early christmas present... LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Marvin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 7:58am
would be good to hear a two stack system in a venue that size, hopefully no one should blow or damage anything. I have attended several and most sounds are pushing their systems past their comfortable limits trying to impress punters with only 4 boxes in such a big venue but different strokes for different fokes. 
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Marvin Marvin wrote:

would be good to hear a two stack system in a venue that size, hopefully no one should blow or damage anything. I have attended several and most sounds are pushing their systems past their comfortable limits trying to impress punters with only 4 boxes in such a big venue but different strokes for different fokes. 
nail on the head

venue that size should have 16 scoops to run comfortably 
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 8:52am
defo looking forward to this one Clap
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
crucial View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crucial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 9:52am
Will drag myself out of the studio for this one Clap
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 10:03am
I should really come to one of these, I live about 10 mins away.

Incidentally I did a rave on harbett road a few years ago and had loads of well dressed people coming in, they must have been at a function at the golden palace because there's nothing else around there that's open at night.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 10:09am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

venue that size should have 16 scoops to run comfortably 

Only if the scoops are inefficient.. LOL

Ren/APS Crew,  would smash that place with 8x 1850 scoops quite easily.

Mykey, hope you get a chance to hear the APS machine with 8x scoops, before you leave.

Expect a few wigs to get blown off by Kayak in there, in December. LOL

Edited by levyte357 - 11 November 2011 at 10:12am
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 10:14am
what I heard the other day was run in to the red(being pushed), same as 8 would

16 wouldn't need to be pushed

shame they have those metal shutters, otherwise the room could be partitioned off
MotioN54SOLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 10:27am
CAMCORDERS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME tea and chocolate digestives available....... wink wink!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>