Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSystem Sound-Off December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 11:02pm
would love to hear fulltone, trendsetter and operation on a 6 scoop edition 
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 6:36am
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

sooooo...... whos on the line up for the next event?? Big smile

Just waiting to confirm one more sound then all will be revealed!!!
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 10:14am
It feels just like the X factor.
SUFFERER View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUFFERER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 6:01pm
No ya mean, play dance.
Sarf London Bass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarf London Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 8:47pm
Was a good night, nough respect to marlon and the kayak crew and also tony ass out of essex, nice geezer lol
p.s. marlon from kayak look on my fb site respect the dick
here are some pictures from sunday night 

bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2011 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

Nuff headroom left and the steve b's could definately handle more but the minis would have died. at one stage they were close to that.

Could the steve b's really have taken that more ? as they were definately moving some air!

I doubt the minis would have died though.

Yes Tek. The Steve Bs were moving some air, but you could see the drivers not moving that much (impressive). So once those new recones got worked in they would have handled more pressure. Also noticed the same with Qualitex's Ultimate minis, the 51s  were barely moving, even in the early rounds when they were dropping soom bass heavy roots tunes, Those Ultimates would definately handle more pressure.

As for the Shortman Minis and the RX DCs both played serious low notes, but the drivers in them were moving HARD!!

Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

ASS scoops at full power =kapton banging in the magnet gap
Shortman scoops at full power = kapton banging in the magnet gap
Ultimate scoops at full power = total control
Steve B scoopd at full power = good controll

EDIT: ASS = 1851?  Shortman = 1850? Ultimate = 1851? Steve B = 1850?

I added the bits highlighted in blue

Well al I can say to that is that yousounded like you had more than enough bottom end to me!! Nothingwas lacking from your end and you know how much I WORSHIP SUB BASS!! bless Eternity fam Clap
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

moving one stack changed the hole sound, great move as well guys. You showed us how to move them giant ass tops and made it look easy....  

ballistic all so proved why placement is critical, as there system came alive after they moved there stack.

This is the best thing I've seen in one of these sound checks I've been to up & down the UK!

Anyone seen another system done this yet or are most just too eager to get their music across & have just put up with how it sounds?

I (sure many too) would like to hear a system with thier scoops standing up on one round & them laying on their sides in the next!

Plus we want to hear a Pre-amp on a system, then turn it round & use just mixer/LMS!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 4:14pm
Yes Tek I agree with you about changing things around at a sound check if things aren't going well,
We should have done that the first time we played at GPUnhappy,
but if things are going well and the soundman believes the system is playing the way it should, why change it? As they if it aint broke don't fix it.

"Music is life"
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 4:21pm

balistics defo held back on the steve bs(as they explained),was just on the edge of going nutsLOLeven when played very aggresive the cone control is still exellent in these boxes as is the ASS STANDARD chamber full scoop,(both cabs 1850 loaded)

Edited by paulus - 15 December 2011 at 4:23pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 4:51pm
Sorry to jump in with this but ive been searching and can't find what im looking for....

Originally posted by Sarf London Bass Sarf London Bass wrote:

Who's rig is that on the right? Those kick bins look much like these plans here:
http://hornplans.free.fr/turbo_bph238.html

Is this design a Turbosound cab? Are they originals? What are they loaded with?

Ive searched the Turbosound product sheet and cannot find any designs that are anything like this cabConfused

I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this design because i am thinking of building some!Big smile

ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

balistics defo held back on the steve bs(as they explained),was just on the edge of going nutsLOLeven when played very aggresive the cone control is still exellent in these boxes as is the ASS STANDARD chamber full scoop,(both cabs 1850 loaded)

That was one of the positive things I said about balistic on the night, and it didn't seem to get any attention, but I got slaughtered because I said something negative about a certain box that has a big enthusiastic fan base.Confused

I think those steve b boxes are some serious scoops. With a bit more bracing they would hold their own againts any scoop, and I think they could do it with any of the big boy drivers not just one particular one.
Sun Sun Sun
MotioN54SOLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 5:18pm

Edited by MotioN54SOLO - 15 December 2011 at 5:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>