Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSystem Sound-Off December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Elder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 4:26am
Greetings Motion, the dance is in Bristol, its a big machine rootical dance wid with up to date dubs of artists like Judah Eskender, Linval Thompson, Tony Tuff etc.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 6:21am
Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

CAMCORDERS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME tea and chocolate digestives available....... wink wink!!!

Thumbs Up

Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

SlaZ that's Jah Mason Soundboy Garn

Thanks fella !!

BTW - video nicely put together ..... BUT - as usual with this kind of video, sound f*cks up quite bad when the bass drops .... was trying to think of a way round this. Not easy/straightforward.

Methinks it would take a serious mic + prob limiter to handle those kind of SPL's .... doubt if a regular bulit-in AGC on camera would deal with it .... anyone have ideas ? Recording from desks would be too much faff, and wouldn't be right anyway ......

Dare say summat like an edirol + proper mic would do it, but even if you could record the whole event, post-syncing would be a WHOLE LOTTA work/awkwardness .....

Dunno - might be worth a try if anyone has a pro or semi-pro video camera + a decent mic (and just rely on the AGC I mean) ...

wrap some tissue around the mic Wink
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 6:22am
i n i will be in attendence to support ALL 3 SOUNDS and promotors

Smile

Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Ras Elder Ras Elder wrote:

Greetings Motion, the dance is in Bristol, its a big machine rootical dance wid with up to date dubs of artists like Judah Eskender, Linval Thompson, Tony Tuff etc.

Gwaan Ras Elder Thumbs Up

Guidance....................... Big smile

Thumbs Up
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Ras Elder Ras Elder wrote:

Fully overstood Ras Elder!

A bit out of town for me right now, but hope it goes well.
Blessed!
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 8:31am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Smile

Biggup yourself!!
MotioN54SOLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 9:21am
Yep the tissue ting don't work it has to be su'um like Blu-Tac to dampen the whole ting but I bring dat nex monf hopefully it worx and everyone shud B happy

or jus work wid the brrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrr instead
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Smile

I will be in attendance to support the promoters, and impose a fine on any of the sounds who are not firing that night..

As I know for a fact they all have tuned up machines. LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 11:53am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

I will be in attendance to support the promoters, and impose a fine on any of the sounds who are not firing that night..

That's the last time I let you into the secret "bat cave" lev!!
"Music is life"
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 11:58am
LOL
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
MotioN54SOLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 12:02pm
DECEMBER EDITION RULES: To commence at 5pm sharp there will be 2 rounds of 20mins from each sound to freestyle taking it to 7pm, then 3 rounds of 3 tunes each, then 2 rounds of 2 tunes each then ONE FOR ONE where sounds express & show their class until it done
NOTE: no slackness tunes of any kind wether if it's a intro nor any form of profanity on the mic (ie tek arf dat bom*o)

please gents to arrive early from 2pm at least to start proceedings for 5pm
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

From the last time I heard the Kayak machine, it was frighting up close Nuke, I heard it with 1 section with no kick bass, so this is the machine I want to hear with 2 section, see how the machine do in the Golden Palace Thumbs Up Boom.............

Ballistics & Quailtex machines well precise, so shouldn't be no issues there Thumbs Up.......

So as Motion says, big tune time in the Palace that night Thumbs Up

Guidance....................... Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>