Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 x 15 mid hi box??? Simple question THANKS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meshakroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2011 at 3:45am
Today's Progress...

Thank you for your time. 
Cant wait to put it all together, this has become a really nice time for myself. This is great getting to focus on something and feeling so accomplished every time I hit the shop.
Thanks again 

Chris Meshak 
Meshakroots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meshakroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2011 at 12:14am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meshakroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2011 at 12:17am
Thank you speaker plans! I know the curve isnt a curve and one is bigger than the other, and Im honestly kicking myself for that. I can only make more and make them more uniform Thanks from US
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2011 at 4:18am
It's all a learning curve dude :) And might I say blimey those cabs are narrow. Trust me, I have narrow cabs and those look to be almost half that of mine lol. Won't stability be an issue with the tops on top?

Here's mine, I wouldn't wanna go any thinner! Each cab has it's feet recessed by about 10mm into the cab below with zero clearance just to "lock" them together.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meshakroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2011 at 4:36am
Wow Sam. After seeing that pic Ive been thinking about that all day. Seriously, that just changed the whole game up. I was initially glad just to get the boxes together, but after seeing that I need to up the ante a quite a bit. I agree, the dub 15 cab is narrow, but I just used the dims of the box they were in previously minus the hf driver. I could have very easily thought ahead, but as you said it will come in time. I am split on what to do with the sound, because the dub 15 box is quite loud and another box/2x  X15s  will be too much. So I have one rhino that was my first build and thinking of building another to have a total of 2x rhinos and 2x super scoops with 2 x 215s and a hf box on top.

Anyways man, still figuring it out but gonna step my game up and think more professionally. Peace and Respect

edit: DAM those boxes look CLEAN man! Respect on that!

Edited by Meshakroots - 25 December 2011 at 4:38am
MIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 6:48pm
Hi There people.

Im looking for some advice here.

Im a newbee and am building a sound system for my own use mainly at marquee type functions 300-400 poople been out the game for 10 plus years.

Getting rid of loads of my old stuff ( 4 No RFC 18" performer bins and some awfull Audio Intimidation 215's ) and trying to build up a decent rig thats sound loud and clear.

Wont be used all the time , I have a mixture of good QSC / Crest amps (7-8 amps) and have just purchased 4 No Opus 215s ( 1500W Cabs) to use for my bass end from Richard at universal.

I am looking for advice and contact with seller who has some really nice Mid-tops that I put with these so I can create the system I need now im 40 plus that I wanted when i Was 16 years old.

I am talking to GDS about some logic units they have but after reading the threads am really a bit confused.

I want something that will really sound loud and clear, have not got Funktion one money but im willing to spend a reasonable amount if I can get the right product.

Looking I guess for 4 No Units one to pair with each of my Opus bins???

Over to you looking forward to hearing some helpfull replys.... Thanks in advance..

Malcolm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12