Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSytem Sound-Off January 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Eternity Eternity wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

Not playing tonight so will be hitting the M4 early tomorrow. Looking forward to thisThumbs Up

Got lots of goodies in Santa's bag if anyone needs me to bring anything let me know.

Santa, have you got any Neutrik NL4FC's in the sack ?

http://www.newworldproaudio.com/assets/images/connectors-adaptors/neutrik-nl4fc.jpg

Make sure you pack one of them K10 Powersofts as well!

and ill have £4000 please to pay for my new double glazing, thankyou Santa i been a good boy this year  Smile
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2012 at 7:22pm
can anybody confirm if the lamb shank is on tonight?????????

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:52am
Respects to Motion 54 and all sound crews for a great night.

Motion 54 set sounding even better, QSS pre-amp making scoops sound sweet.

Star of the show for me was definitely Heathrow Bass Labs Set and Crew.
With Mich, Tippa, Tek on the set, fearsome crew. LOL

HBL minis "fully" embarrassed 2x of the other crews full scoops, never heard any 4x minis fill a venue like that before. Clap

Not saying one word about the sub amp. Just that all 4x subs were on 1x channel, and started smashing the place. Wink

Those Community tops also embarassed other stacks at least 4ft taller. LOL

Michigan sounding like a regular Radio DJ, and almost starting a fight, LOL

Must say, dance did lost the vibe, when HBL Crew signed off. I think couple of sounds in there were lucky, Tek only got to drop 2x tunes, as writing was already on the wall..

"Michigan" on the Mic for Heathrow BassLabs

http://www.mydroid.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/e23b0a95c796416d.jpg.jpg

LOL

Edited by levyte357 - 02 January 2012 at 2:42am
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:31am
Yes big respects to Motion 54, keep up the brilliant works brotha, nice, all sounds on the night nuff respects Clap

Peace........................ Big smile

Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:48am
thanks to everyone for their help

click to unzoom
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:56am
Big up Pro-motion 54 crew. Wicked night yet again. Keep up the good work
Big up to all 4 sounds or as Mitch said 3 sounds and the "Box builder crew"
All good fun. Good way to start 2012, got a feeling this year is gonna be a good year for Sound system

Oh @ Lev - Not my preamp mate, that is motion's preamp
"Music is life"
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:59am
Thumbs Up
soundcritic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 10:40am
Big respec to Motion 54 once again and nuff respects to all 3 sounds and the "box builder crew" Heathrow bass labs for all making the effort to bring out their sounds.

That being said, as you know I always like to give my opinion on the night and as I paid my £5 here is what I thought but no disrespect intended.

Foundation Culture E sound needs a complete overhaul..Sounded like their set was playing back to front. seemed as if mids was playing thru the tops and tops was playing throung their mids! Even tho they may have had technical issues, they were still trying to force their sound to keep up with the others. Why???? Sorry guys but back to the drawing board i think. Try using a mixer into an eq, then a simple 3 way crossover with 3 amps as this would sound much better.

Reggae Magic - sounded a bit better than Foundation but still poor. I hate to see a selector playing tunes while sitting in a chair. Set was again quite poor. Looked like a tubbys pre amp but that needs to be replaced or the operator needs to read the manual on how to use a tubbys pre amp. As for the bad language on the mic You will never score any brownie points there my friend. With regards to setting another date for playing HBL - You will loose (plain and simple) and i dont think many people would turn up anyway! I heard you played alot of dubs on the night but the set was so poor I couldnt hear any of them.

Heathrow Bass labs - Nice sounding set. Had the clearest mic on the night. Very impressed with the Community mids/tops section. 4 x double 8 inchs for mids, although you needed more to cover the venue. Bass was loud but had no deepness, but I feel sounded best overall. Music selection was all over the place tho. Using a QSC PL9 for bass.

Motion 54 - Sounded alot better than last time. Bass was by far the deepest on the night but seemed to play only deep notes. Need to turn up your kick boxes to et the higher bass notes. But i think those ASS scoop chambers have something to do with that. Tops were not as crisp as HBL. The mostec pre amp did make the bass sound better than last time tho. Good tune selection on the night.

Overall there were only 2 sound systems that sounded ok. The other 2 need to rebuild and enter again once they've rebuilt. Just my opinion.

Big up promoters once again.Look forward to the next one.
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!
Uneek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uneek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 11:15am
Big up to everyone that came out last night was very intresting and funny but as mitch said we are not here as a sound where here to test HBL mini's with all kind of music but if that was a dance then a different ting music wise trust and for those that know there was 3 sound man behind the set, mitchigan vibes, tippa audio and universal sound, and that's what its about unite and help one another and keep sound system going 1 love peace

Edited by Uneek - 02 January 2012 at 11:31am
Universal Sound System sound of the future
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:03pm
Any more pics,coulnt make this one but defo back on track for the feb one,well done all sounds for takin part !
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:03pm
Reggae Magic did play some nice tunes, and sounded fairly heavy at one point, but then, they did have 2x mini scoops above their 4x scoops... Naughty..

Yes, Reggae Magic MC & Mitch did swear once.... Naughty

Just remembered, May seem like Mich caused friction, but that wasn't until Reggae Magic MC said HBL set wasn't a soundsystem, and dissed them for not just playing Reggae.

Good SP Turnout as well. Clap

Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Heathrow Bass labs - Nice sounding set. Had the clearest mic on the night. Very impressed with the Community mids/tops section. 4 x double 8 inchs for mids, although you needed more to cover the venue. Bass was loud but had no deepness, but I feel sounded best overall. 

Towards end of the night, think the crew went for it, and deepened the sub, because when Tek was selecting,  there was deepness... Trust...Wink

Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Motion 54 - Sounded alot better than last time. Bass was by far the deepest on the night but seemed to play only deep notes. Need to turn up your kick boxes to et the higher bass notes. But i think those ASS scoop chambers have something to do with that.The mostec pre amp did make the bass sound better than last time tho. Good tune selection on the night.

Yes, huge improvement on the tune selection this time. Adjusting kick by eq for every tune would sort upper bass, as 1851 is stronger on low notes than '50, but not as strong 60hz up in the RX18DC.

Edited by levyte357 - 02 January 2012 at 2:28pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:04pm
hbl's minis definatly impressed me. Thumbs Up aswell as the tiny mid hi's! man built his scoops himself so credit where its due for that Clap

enjoyed the banter with all the soundman in the place, Tony, always a pleasure mate Thumbs Up

Edited by luton_soundman - 02 January 2012 at 2:20pm
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>