Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AV Rice and Peas Soundcheck 29th January 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SURFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 7:12am
< = =text/ ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> Clap
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

ino ls1 were within the rules, what im saying is if  the box in question is not a scoop and is alot smaller than a scoop what would the rules be regarding this box? its not as small as some reflex but then its nowhere near same size as a full scoop. so somewhere in the middle, a grey area if you will

From what I've seen of Big Roots sound clash, 4x or 8x box ting is exactly that.

So if one sound brings 4x 2x36" reflex on sub, and the other sound brings 4x 1x12" reflex box, that is his business.

One other thing I have seen plenty, one sound could bring £20K worth of amp rack, outboard, and mixer,  and expensive cabs/drivers, but if they don't know how to engineer their set, they could easily get flattened by a sound with peavey/behringer amps, wicked tunes, engineer and Fane scoops.
Well said.Clap ......remember no sound system have sense, its the selector & operator behind it...LOL
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by dan i dubdub dan i dubdub wrote:

Variety is key and I like the way that both AV and GP are booking a range of sounds, it does make it more interesting.  Good for old hands dusting off old sets to test themselves against the sounds of today. 

+1

Yes...

Also, even though I'm a Roots/Dub head, if a crew can drop a couple of soul/dancehall tunes that has enough weight/mids/tops to showcase their system, that is also good thing as well..

Demonstrates "versatility".

Clap
waxhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waxhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 2:25pm

Haven spoken to Jimmy of Black Ice International  he understands that my views were in no way a personal attack on their sound system, and is just the way how I explain and write things! My views were based on comments from people and forums about Black Ice.  As Jimmy and Kisco have informed me, as this is a sound in working progress and have been doing so for 18 months,  it shouldn't be judged on what you see or hear until they have got the system built and sounding how they want! Plus this sound system is being built to return and play in Jamaica, which Jimmy explained is why their set up contained  so many amps and racks. He also added that all their Mid/Hi full range boxes where built by Kisco one of the main selectors of their system, so credit  to him - good job!

He also explained why their music policy was all over the place, the promoters of Rice & Peas had told them that this dance was a celebration of the return of AV Promotions and anything went on the night. Apparently their sound was especially asked to play bashment throughout the night, not really being a bashment sound their music selection wasn't totally right for the night. Furthermore, their tops wasn't connected because this is another work in progress which they are also in the process of sorting  with alot of other things.

Black Ice International crew consist of Jimmy (The Owner),  Kisco (Main Selector) Acid (Bashment and Mc , and not forgetting D.J Kory.

The British Academy of Sound System would like to apologise if Waxhead's review on this sound was misinterpreted - no offence was intended, and it was in no way a personal attack against Black Ice International or their crew.  The academy welcomes all new and upcoming sounds and hope that there will be a lot more in the future.

Our Blessing from the Academy staff Waxhead, Norma, Davin, Lizzy G & Alvin.

On another note all the personal attacks and hate emails against Waxhead are unwarranted that is how he explains things it may not be to your liking but in no way are they personal they are just his views with a little spice just to read like a newspaper, finially all the hatred toward Trojan 7 in the last four months I and the staff after reading them find is becoming very personal indeed and we at the academy find no reason for this at all week after week of hate emails, please stop sending hatred email on this matter ,we at the academy would appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Norma 

British Academy of Sound Systems

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

Haven spoken to Jimmy of Black Ice International  he understands that my views were in no way a personal attack on their sound system, and is just the way how I explain and write things! My views were based on comments from people and forums about Black Ice.  As Jimmy and Kisco have informed me, as this is a sound in working progress and have been doing so for 18 months,  it shouldn't be judged on what you see or hear until they have got the system built and sounding how they want! Plus this sound system is being built to return and play in Jamaica, which Jimmy explained is why their set up contained  so many amps and racks. He also added that all their Mid/Hi full range boxes where built by Kisco one of the main selectors of their system, so credit  to him - good job!

He also explained why their music policy was all over the place, the promoters of Rice & Peas had told them that this dance was a celebration of the return of AV Promotions and anything went on the night. Apparently their sound was especially asked to play bashment throughout the night, not really being a bashment sound their music selection wasn't totally right for the night. Furthermore, their tops wasn't connected because this is another work in progress which they are also in the process of sorting  with alot of other things.

Black Ice International crew consist of Jimmy (The Owner),  Kisco (Main Selector) Acid (Bashment and Mc , and not forgetting D.J Kory.

The British Academy of Sound System would like to apologise if Waxhead's review on this sound was misinterpreted - no offence was intended, and it was in no way a personal attack against Black Ice International or their crew.  The academy welcomes all new and upcoming sounds and hope that there will be a lot more in the future.

Our Blessing from the Academy staff Waxhead, Norma, Davin, Lizzy G & Alvin.

On another note all the personal attacks and hate emails against Waxhead are unwarranted that is how he explains things it may not be to your liking but in no way are they personal they are just his views with a little spice just to read like a newspaper, finially all the hatred toward Trojan 7 in the last four months I and the staff after reading them find is becoming very personal indeed and we at the academy find no reason for this at all week after week of hate emails, please stop sending hatred email on this matter ,we at the academy would appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Norma 

British Academy of Sound Systems

if you want to be taken seriously as a academy or learning centre stop with these big ego reviews!

you just come across like a bunch of fools with these reviews.  cussing good systems and voting your friends systems as the best in a dance

people all laugh at you behind your back saying the only thing you will teach young kinds is how to sound rubbish like trojan 7.

reviews are good but if you are trying to operate as a centre of learning you need to tone your views down.

set up a separate blog site if needed

you should also split the site into 2 separate sites:

1 - not for profit registered charity

2 - pa hire, box building, equipment sales

my thoughts

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 04 February 2012 at 3:45pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 3:30pm

heres an example or a proper registered academy...

http://www.britishkodalyacademy.org/index.htm

you might be taken a bit more seriously if you remove all the cringeworthy big ego quotes on your site

things like this = Since 1987, I have had a top sound system.

Dead

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
dan i dubdub View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan i dubdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 7:18pm
Wasn't there a B.A.S.S. before?  British Alliance of Sound Systems - response to the Criminal Justice Act if I remember right.

Anyone got any escapades from those times they care to share?
soundcritic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

you might be taken a bit more seriously if you remove all the cringeworthy big ego quotes on your site

Dead

Well said Heathrow B Line. I couldn't agree more.
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by dan i dubdub dan i dubdub wrote:

Wasn't there a B.A.S.S. before?  British Alliance of Sound Systems - response to the Criminal Justice Act if I remember right.

Anyone got any escapades from those times they care to share?

I think bass was Brighton alliance of sound systems.

If I remember right it was innerfield/planet yes who ran it.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

Dead

Well said Heathrow B Line. I couldn't agree more.
How is it going Soundcritic and Heathrow B Line>????? everyting good??LOL
DESTINY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DESTINY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2012 at 11:36pm
Greetings to all of the true sound system fans who attended this soundcheck. I wouldn't normally leave messages on these forums but felt the need to do so on this occasion. Although it has been over a week since this event, it has been interesting to get an understanding of peoples perception of the night and sound system on a whole. I have seen some good constructive criticisms here but I have also seen a lot of unfair statements. In my honest opinion all sound systems who turned out done very well. This was not a dance/party or anything of the sort. It was a sound check which is a session for sound systems to exercise there sounds wether it be old or new equipment. It was also interesting to find that rather than giving good advice to people in order for them to improve there overall performances, some of you have felt the need to disrespect sounds with unnecessary personal comments which are inaccurate. When commenting on sound systems it is better to back up any criticisms with constructive advice on how the sound can improve on the specific area which you are referring to. I have only heard one comment on the excellent quality of dub plates which were played on this night, predominantly by Destiny and LS1. This included Luciano, Gregory Issac, Sugar Minnot, Ken booth etc. Black ice also played dubs and Eternity played a classic H town Dub. This was without a doubt more than 3 quids worth and all sounds should be proud. When Destiny drew gregory Isacc a man ran from the kitchen and took the mic to show his appreciation. Also the Gregory and luciano combination was extra special. But I see no mention of this Shocked  And sound critic please please stop stating that we blew our tops, as you are quite simply wrong. They were merely turned down to respectfully carry out checks while the other sounds were playing and were not fully turned back up. It should have been no issue to come over and ask. Once again, big up all sounds who attended it was enjoyable and the ladies had no complaints which I think was the most important factor. keep up the good work until we meet again.Handshake Stay bless!
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 8:20am
Originally posted by DESTINY DESTINY wrote:

Greetings to all of the true sound system fans who attended this soundcheck. I wouldn't normally leave messages on these forums but felt the need to do so on this occasion. Although it has been over a week since this event, it has been interesting to get an understanding of peoples perception of the night and sound system on a whole. I have seen some good constructive criticisms here but I have also seen a lot of unfair statements. In my honest opinion all sound systems who turned out done very well. This was not a dance/party or anything of the sort. It was a sound check which is a session for sound systems to exercise there sounds wether it be old or new equipment. It was also interesting to find that rather than giving good advice to people in order for them to improve there overall performances, some of you have felt the need to disrespect sounds with unnecessary personal comments which are inaccurate. When commenting on sound systems it is better to back up any criticisms with constructive advice on how the sound can improve on the specific area which you are referring to. I have only heard one comment on the excellent quality of dub plates which were played on this night, predominantly by Destiny and LS1. This included Luciano, Gregory Issac, Sugar Minnot, Ken booth etc. Black ice also played dubs and Eternity played a classic H town Dub. This was without a doubt more than 3 quids worth and all sounds should be proud. When Destiny drew gregory Isacc a man ran from the kitchen and took the mic to show his appreciation. Also the Gregory and luciano combination was extra special. But I see no mention of this Shocked  And sound critic please please stop stating that we blew our tops, as you are quite simply wrong. They were merely turned down to respectfully carry out checks while the other sounds were playing and were not fully turned back up. It should have been no issue to come over and ask. Once again, big up all sounds who attended it was enjoyable and the ladies had no complaints which I think was the most important factor. keep up the good work until we meet again.Handshake Stay bless!

Good post DESTINY

Welcome to speakerplans, as you will see on here bro is the blatant disregard for good music Exclamation All most on here focus on, is equipment & how the equipment sound, they are also more concern with brand name & designers..........

All I will say to you is keep doing what you do best, "ENTERTAIN" don't watch nothing on here with criticisms, (there's always hidden agenda's)   just keep doing your "TING", I've heard you guys before "In Camberwell last year" & told certain peeps DESTINY has got a future.

Respect................... Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
soundcritic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by DESTINY DESTINY wrote:

Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Destiny sounded better than the last time i heard them and was glad that they stepped up from the last time (thats what these events are all about) although i believe they still needed to turn up their sound as they were very quiet at times, seemed like they were lacking tops as well. Overall a great improvement from before but still have a way to go.. Definately had the most ladies round their sound! Well done..

Hi Destiny - No disrespect intended and welcome to Speaker Plans. If you read my post correctly, I did say "it seemed like you were lacking tops". I didn't say in my post you had blown your tops. I did actually come up to one of you and ask during the night that it sounded like you had blown your tops. Anyway, as I said in my post. Well done to you and your crew.. I'll introduce myself next time so you know excatly who I am.

Bless
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>