Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AV Rice and Peas Soundcheck 29th January 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by DESTINY DESTINY wrote:

Greetings to all of the true sound system fans who attended this soundcheck. I wouldn't normally leave messages on these forums but felt the need to do so on this occasion. Although it has been over a week since this event, it has been interesting to get an understanding of peoples perception of the night and sound system on a whole. I have seen some good constructive criticisms here but I have also seen a lot of unfair statements. In my honest opinion all sound systems who turned out done very well. This was not a dance/party or anything of the sort. It was a sound check which is a session for sound systems to exercise there sounds wether it be old or new equipment. It was also interesting to find that rather than giving good advice to people in order for them to improve there overall performances, some of you have felt the need to disrespect sounds with unnecessary personal comments which are inaccurate. When commenting on sound systems it is better to back up any criticisms with constructive advice on how the sound can improve on the specific area which you are referring to. I have only heard one comment on the excellent quality of dub plates which were played on this night, predominantly by Destiny and LS1. This included Luciano, Gregory Issac, Sugar Minnot, Ken booth etc. Black ice also played dubs and Eternity played a classic H town Dub. This was without a doubt more than 3 quids worth and all sounds should be proud. When Destiny drew gregory Isacc a man ran from the kitchen and took the mic to show his appreciation. Also the Gregory and luciano combination was extra special. But I see no mention of this Shocked  And sound critic please please stop stating that we blew our tops, as you are quite simply wrong. They were merely turned down to respectfully carry out checks while the other sounds were playing and were not fully turned back up. It should have been no issue to come over and ask. Once again, big up all sounds who attended it was enjoyable and the ladies had no complaints which I think was the most important factor. keep up the good work until we meet again.Handshake Stay bless!
Clap 
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Greetings to all of the true sound system fans who attended this soundcheck. I wouldn't normally leave messages on these forums but felt the need to do so on this occasion. Although it has been over a week since this event, it has been interesting to get an understanding of peoples perception of the night and sound system on a whole. I have seen some good constructive criticisms here but I have also seen a lot of unfair statements. In my honest opinion all sound systems who turned out done very well. This was not a dance/party or anything of the sort. It was a sound check which is a session for sound systems to exercise there sounds wether it be old or new equipment. It was also interesting to find that rather than giving good advice to people in order for them to improve there overall performances, some of you have felt the need to disrespect sounds with unnecessary personal comments which are inaccurate. When commenting on sound systems it is better to back up any criticisms with constructive advice on how the sound can improve on the specific area which you are referring to. I have only heard one comment on the excellent quality of dub plates which were played on this night, predominantly by Destiny and LS1. This included Luciano, Gregory Issac, Sugar Minnot, Ken booth etc. Black ice also played dubs and Eternity played a classic H town Dub. This was without a doubt more than 3 quids worth and all sounds should be proud. When Destiny drew gregory Isacc a man ran from the kitchen and took the mic to show his appreciation. Also the Gregory and luciano combination was extra special. But I see no mention of this Shocked  And sound critic please please stop stating that we blew our tops, as you are quite simply wrong. They were merely turned down to respectfully carry out checks while the other sounds were playing and were not fully turned back up. It should have been no issue to come over and ask. Once again, big up all sounds who attended it was enjoyable and the ladies had no complaints which I think was the most important factor. keep up the good work until we meet again.Handshake Stay bless!

Destiny sounded better than the last time i heard them and was glad that they stepped up from the last time (thats what these events are all about) although i believe they still needed to turn up their sound as they were very quiet at times, seemed like they were lacking tops as well. Overall a great improvement from before but still have a way to go.. Definately had the most ladies round their sound! Well done..

Hi Destiny - No disrespect intended and welcome to Speaker Plans. If you read my post correctly, I did say "it seemed like you were lacking tops". I didn't say in my post you had blown your tops. I did actually come up to one of you and ask during the night that it sounded like you had blown your tops. Anyway, as I said in my post. Well done to you and your crew.. I'll introduce myself next time so you know excatly who I am.

Bless
yea I would not mind meeting the Elusive Soundcritic as well PEACE!!
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 2:10pm
Me too!!!
soundcritic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 3:15pm
I've met you both already but you just didn't know that it was me
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 5:51pm

LOL
Clap
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

LOL
Clap

LOL
Clap

DESTINY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DESTINY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2012 at 11:55pm
Greetings! I thought that message would stoke up the fire LOL Big up Bucky D and Gee 136 (Government sound) for understanding the levels. Sound critic I hear you. I agree you did leave some good comments. It was just someone called sound critic left a message on the bass2deep website adamant of the same thing. If its not you I take off my hat and stand corrected. It is a shame that tops were a complaint in the first place as the tops we have selected are of a premium quality. This shows that human error does occur. I also agree that we were a little stingy on the mixing desk for volume as it sounded good from the control tower. But we will learn from this and in the future position our boxes further in order to fill the space in between. Bless up to all and keep it positive! hopefully see you all at the next one Thumbs Up 
wadup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 10:59am

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">Greetings! I thought that message would stoke up the fire LOL Big up Bucky D and Gee 136 (Government sound) for understanding the levels. Sound critic I hear you. I agree you did leave some good comments. It was just someone called sound critic left a message on the bass2deep website adamant of the same thing. If its not you I take off my hat and stand corrected. It is a shame that tops were a complaint in the first place as the tops we have selected are of a premium quality. This shows that human error does occur. I also agree that we were a little stingy on the mixing desk for volume as it sounded good from the control tower. But we will learn from this and in the future position our boxes further in order to fill the space in between. Bless up to all and keep it positive! hopefully see you all at the next one Thumbs Up 

wadup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 11:04am
Well said destiny.... look like people dont appreciate good music no more.... some serious sample was played on the night and i say bigup to the four sounds who made it possible lets make febuary just as good. PEACE to ALL.(LEFTY....LS1....
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 1:04pm

is it.....well should of made it knownCry
wadup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 3:56pm
Destiny bredren you forget some of the artist me and you did draw on the night like... bounty... christopher ellis... pinchers... peter hunningale... everton blender... luciano mikey general and splendid 3the hardway combination.... wayne wade.... cornell campbell... johnny clarke.. nuff tuff tune did play.... and many more fe play.. blessop phoenix/ tactics....
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 4:01pm

oops

Edited by Motion54 - 10 February 2012 at 4:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>