Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matrix, Macrotech or Void to run 2 hogscoops?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:40pm
However TuffRyder is looking at the newer lightweifht MA5000i as opposed to the old heavyweight MA5000VZ.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

However TuffRyder is looking at the newer lightweifht MA5000i as opposed to the old heavyweight MA5000VZ.

Was wondering about that... LOL

If the MA5000i sounds anything like the ITECH 8000 could be interesting...
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
TuffRyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TuffRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by project 1 project 1 wrote:

Originally posted by TuffRyder TuffRyder wrote:

Ok. I guess I´ll go for the macrotech MA-5000i. Thanks for the input!

//Tuff

I think you have made the right choice.

These days, there are plenty of right choices and ways of doing things.

But I would take £1200 used Inf8V2 over £800 MA-5000 anyday of the week.

Most of us "mostly" play in places with only household 240V 13A sockets, and in these venues, Inf8V2 will outplay the Crown, not only due to more output power, but mostly due to efficiency of  87% vs  much older Crowns 65%.

Advantage of MA-5000, Good design, holds price well, very solid performance if fed decent mains current, plenty of docs/support info.

Disadvantages, poor sound quality/high distortion compared to other sub amps, low efficiency compared to modern amps, costly to repair, poor performance if mains supply not very stiff or sagging.

Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

Thanks again for the input. Didn´t know that there were two versions of the Marcotech 5000. Anyone sitting on some info about the new version regarding the disadvantages posted above? Could those issues been fixed in the newer version?

I´m really intrested in keeping the weight down. The rig is probably going to be heavy as it is without me having to lug 50 kilos of amp as well.. However. I do not want to sacrifice quality sound for lightweight.

This is my first rig and I don´t want to be a "dibby dibby sound". It´s not going to be the biggest rig around but I want it to sound great.

//Tuff
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 12:51am
I guess a lot of it is going to come down to your budget and availability for you over in Sweden. Prices quoted here may have no relevance to where you are. There will be many supporters of all those amps mentioned so it's going to be down to you to choose what's best for you. IMO none of those amps are crap and I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with any. I'm a great fan of the old heavyweight Macrotechs but I also have Powersoft, Void, PKN and Matrix in my arsenal. At the moment I'm leaning towards leightweight just coz I'm getting old and want to save my back.
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 1:11am
As an electronics techno freak I use Matrix amps. I like the design and topology. I have had many SMPS failures with amps. Not one Matrix yet, not even in a venue with 250vAC.

I have no issues with them. I have used an awful lot of them too.

I have personally never liked 5000's. The Void is OK, but I preffer Matrix. For the money they have the most bang per buck, and the after sales service is second to none.
Billy Dawg.
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 1:16pm
Muckerbarnes' rig has proves that Matrix deliver...(yes i have heard it)..My rig proves the Matrix deliver...countless other rigs owned by people on here testify to the fact that Matrix amps deliver, week in week out. Im not biased cos i own them, I have known a couple of the NCA/FFA guys before those companies even existed but have chosen to own Matrix and am more than happy with what they can do.

Its just a ride.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 2:16pm
Om jag var du skulle jag köpa en Lab 6400 kan användas för 3 PD1850 en kanal, har jag gjort det, en av de bästa förstärkarna där ute.

Francis
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Om jag var du skulle jag köpa en Lab 6400 kan användas för 3 PD1850 en kanal, har jag gjort det, en av de bästa förstärkarna där ute.

Francis

Var det med 3x PD1850 per kanal?

Jag vet att FP13000 kan göra det, eftersom jag har sett FP13000 chines kopian göra det ... LOL ..

Skulle behöva brandsläckare om du försöker att göra det med Matrix lätta .. LOL ..

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
TuffRyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TuffRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

As an electronics techno freak I use Matrix amps. I like the design and topology. I have had many SMPS failures with amps. Not one Matrix yet, not even in a venue with 250vAC.

I have no issues with them. I have used an awful lot of them too.

I have personally never liked 5000's. The Void is OK, but I preffer Matrix. For the money they have the most bang per buck, and the after sales service is second to none.

I¨ve been recomended Matrix by several people and I started talking to Matt @ Matrix about buying the XT5000/6000 but he wouldn´t give me the price over e-mail and insisted that we talked over the phone but we could never get our schedules to sync and we never talked. Since then I´ve sent him a couple of e-mails but I haven´t got any response. That´s basically the reason why I started looking at other amps again, otherwise I was pretty much set on buying from Matrix.

//Tuff
TuffRyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TuffRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Francis

Jag vet att FP13000 kan göra det, eftersom jag har sett FP13000 chines kopian göra det ... LOL ..

Skulle behöva brandsläckare om du försöker att göra det med Matrix lätta .. LOL ..

Francis

Kul med lite svenskar!

Har kollat på labgruppen också. Är flera som rekomenderat dom. Däremot kommer jag nog inte köra tre st pd1850 nån gång, varken på en eller två kanaler. Tror att två st hoggor med 1850 kommer pusha ganska mycket bas ändå och dom ställen vi spelar på kommer inte tillåta eller behöva mer bas än så. Enda anledningen till att jag skulle kunna tänka mig köra fler hoggor är för att det ser jävla ballt ut. haha.

//Tuff
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 3:21pm

[/QUOTE]
Ja det var 3 per kanal, vi gör det också med 3V18-1000 per kanal i hogs körde dem för 4days på Roskilde festivalen, se något labb över 6400 kommer att göra jobbet, lol Lev nu är du blir bättre på danska och svenska Lol kommer du upp snart hehehe Clap
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 4:01pm
Please accept my apologies. I shall call you this evening sir.
Best regards
Matt

Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12