Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF FEBRUARY 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fada Rebbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 7:18pm
I firmly say PA in the true sense of Jamaican sound system but is a PA not another word for sound system!!?
SURFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SURFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 7:46pm
< = =text/ ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> GREAT PICTURE'S...Thumbs Up BLESS UP ALL SOUND MAN & SOUND SYSTEM LOVER'S.. MET A LOT OF SOUND MAN LAST NIGHT,  GOOD TO SEE LOVE & UNITY  & RESPECT BETWEEN US .. LOVE & RESPECT 2 CRUCIAL HI-FI , KILLER INSTINCT, GRACE BY FAITH. BUT MOST OF ALL... BIG THE PROMOTION 54 CREW & THE TIME KEEPER (LOL)  I'LL BACK YOU GUYS EVERYTIME...!Thumbs Up
 BLESS

HAWKEYE EXPERIENCE  ( WE READY ANYTME, ANYWHERE ) AKA SURFA..Wink

mr.dubz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.dubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 9:21pm
shocked to see speaker on sticks!
Eternity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 10:53pm
Good night all round.  Nuff respec to all 4 sounds and Motion 54.

Hawkeye were doing it for me, clean sound all round with some serious bass pressure and some good dubplatesClap.  Good selection from Crucial Hifi Thumbs Up, also nice to hear some gospel selection from Grace by Faith Thumbs Up.

Raspec.
waxhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waxhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 11:02pm
Waxhead review of sunday soundoff www.bass2deep.co.uk
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 3:18am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by crucial crucial wrote:

Coming back to the scoops, Lev you are absolutely right, there was not enough 30-40hz low bass going on, and several people spoke to me about that. There were a few theories but I *think* it came down to lack of power. For most of the night, my bass amp (Wattson 2k per side/4 ohms) was clipping and when I tried to push it more, the scoops started to "choke". One man suggested it might be a phasing issue which I tried to investigate, but that didn't seem to be the case. Either way, I'm going to test out the scoops again before BNE to find out properly.

I appreciate the constructive feedback, so please people don't hold back! I really need comments like these to perfect the art of sound Thumbs Up

Good Attitude.Clap

EDIT:First Outing ? Well done for not panicking.

Music selection was good, Sound of mids tops was clear and loud, considering not horn louded.

Were those Ex Kibir scoops or SteveBs ?

Sounded more like sub control on Pre-amp was swept high, or maybe scoops were being given upper bass. Have you previously tested Pre amp to confrim 100% operation?

errrmmmmm! NO!

Edited by mykey- - 14 February 2012 at 3:18am
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 3:25am
Originally posted by LIGWA LIGWA wrote:

Tweeter you need to go to spec savers

Next time I will make the logo bigger for you lol!!!!
I wonder why he thought it thoughWink

nudge nudge, wink wink.... saaaay noooo moRe! a nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat!
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 3:34am
QUOTE=Motion54] 

[/QUOTE]that makes me want to Cry when I see top cabs like that being used for a reggae dance
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 7:47am
Without, turning it into a debate, I would just like to say the boxes above belong to a gospel sound who by talking to them, I realised they are a band too.
It was their 1st outing ever!!!!
Their system would suit the church environment more than any of the other stacks that were present on the day.

Think about it for a second!!!!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

Without, turning it into a debate, I would just like to say the boxes above belong to a gospel sound who by talking to them, I realised they are a band too.
It was their 1st outing ever!!!!
Their system would suit the church environment more than any of the other stacks that were present on the day.

Think about it for a second!!!!

Yep, the above is true, even though most church systems would have stronger mid section..

But in my opinion, Grace by Faith Had the strongest sub on the night. It could be heard and felt everywhere. Could feel their sub, across the hall next to Hawkeye control tower.

Was the kind of sub, which made you need to know what madness do they have in the amp rack, just like the Eternity hooligans. LOL

Is a good thing they weren't playing any Shanti or Amlak dubs, or it could have been embarrassing. LOL

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 11:39am
were the ligwa minis fane loaded?1000s or 1500?
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 11:47am
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

were the ligwa minis fane loaded?1000s or 1500?

Rumour has it they were 1000s.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>