Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peavey Rx14 Specs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carumartins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peavey Rx14 Specs
    Posted: 23 August 2006 at 5:41am
Hi,

I'm looking for the Peavey Rx14 Compression Driver Specs, i cant find them on the peavey site, i did email peavey customer care, havent got a reply yet.

Has anyone got these, please help..

Martin
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 3:33am

It's this driver:

http://www.p-audio.co.uk/products/db_product_2_5_pa-de34s.htm

Eminence and Behringer put their name on it too.

So does Pyle:

$16.95 from one, $59.95 from another.

Edited by _djk_ - 24 August 2006 at 3:48am
djk
carumartins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carumartins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 4:58am

Those look more like the 14XT Driver, also the power ratings of both of them are different.

I want to know wht power the RX14 can handle, ther's no pdf document anywhere...

Does anyone know.?

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 5:25am
I realy doubt that Eminence is puting their name on any product manufactured by someone else.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 4:57am
"I realy doubt that Eminence is puting their name on any product manufactured by someone else. "

They don't make the APT line of tweeters either.

"Does anyone know.?"

I doubt it can handle more than 20W long term, it has a very small voice-coil. Will probably handle 200W peaks if crossed over high enough to prevent mechanical damage. Peavey uses it in a plastic-cased powered speaker "Bi-amplified powered system with 270 watts total peak dynamic power", of which they claim 70W is for the HF. In a passive system it is typically attenuated 6dB in the network, so you might claim 800W peak, 400W continuous program(depending on how efficient the woofer is). Most of the time it is paired with an inexpensive woofer that they rate for 300W program.

It has the same net weight as the 14XT, the same voice coil size, it looks like they just paid for a different piece of plastic on the back, and some better diaphragm screws. P-Audio makes many versions of this driver, largely cosmetic variations. I've got some of the bigger magnet variations, and they don't seem to work any better. The aluminum diaphragm version (no longer available) seemed to be the best, it was available pre-mounted to a 4X10 horn.

Edited by _djk_ - 25 August 2006 at 6:37am
djk
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 5:27am
Eminence uses all the soft parts(cones , spiders , dustcaps, etc.) and voicecoils manufactured by ATON Acoustics

ATON Acoustics is the same company that owns an operates P-audio

P.S.
Eminence has started heavy speaker manufacturig in China
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 6:40am
This look familiar? Klipsch went from the B&C DE750 to this driver, which they admit is sourced on the Pacific rim (can you say 'P-Audio?).

I can buy these in the USA for $91.14 each in small quantity.

Edited by _djk_ - 25 August 2006 at 6:48am
djk
Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 4:25pm
PA-DE34 has a strong dip around 2k5 which makes it tricky to work with. Rather go for the BM-D450 and be done with it (better behaved around 8khz too)
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 10:42pm

Remember this, that I posted a while ago. Well the P Audio BM-D450 must be the same driver as this.

Yeah djk that driver looks identical to this as well just with a different label on it.
Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2006 at 2:49am
I would be a little careful to say such drivers to be identical, becasue the rear covers as employed by P.Audio are also seen on a couple of other chinese compression drivers.
carumartins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carumartins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 11:44pm

Okey guys i finally got a reply from Peavey, Here's the specs: Just incase anybody else needs them:

Peavey Rx14:
Has Fero Fluid
item# 00495480
Spec - 1.4"
Throat paramter - .938" / 23.8mm
Impedance - 8 ohms
Min impedance - 7.1 ohms
DC Resistance - 6.8 ohms
Power capacity: 1000Hz to 20,000Hz 25 watts continuous, 50 watts
program and 100 watts peak.
Sensitivity: 104dB SPL 1 watt /1 meter
on axis on 90 degree H (X) 45 degree V horn