Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spektre double 18" 'scoops'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by RealitySound RealitySound wrote:

Check out about 4:25 in. Same cabs?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwHDw_vEAE&feature=related

Yes, they are the same. And they are from Storm. I know this because we bought these 6 off Matt just before xmas and now Randall has bought my three off of me.
Poll this!
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 11:54am
haha.. i've seen those loads of times and always thought they were G subs.. i stand corrected.. !
error 404
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by brokenjoe brokenjoe wrote:

haha.. i've seen those loads of times and always thought they were G subs.. i stand corrected.. !

If Im honest with you I thought they were G-Subs too (mainly because my house mate who convinced me to buy them had told me they were) until I saw them, I then had to sell them because of there sheer size, and (hope I'm not offending anyone by saying this) but shoddy build quality and inefficient folds and negative expansion etc.
Poll this!
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Wrek0ne Wrek0ne wrote:

If Im honest with you I thought they were G-Subs too (mainly because my house mate who convinced me to buy them had told me they were) until I saw them, I then had to sell them because of there sheer size, and (hope I'm not offending anyone by saying this) but shoddy build quality and inefficient folds and negative expansion etc.

Can anyone explain in simple words what "negative expansion" actually is?
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 9:38pm
A horn expands - the 'passage' that the soundwave passes down starts out small near the driver and keeps getting larger until it reaches the outside of the box (known as the horn mouth).

Negative expansion would be a 'passage' (or section of that passage) that gets smaller rather than bigger .

Hope that makes sense?
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 2:07am
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/24602059.png/
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by RealitySound RealitySound wrote:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/24602059.png/

Cool Cool

Can you also tell me what the short BPH / BP effect stands for?
Danger Piglet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danger Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 11:33pm
Hi Paul, 

Do you have any contacts that’s got anymore of these bins for sale? 

Cheers 👍🏻
Danger Piglet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danger Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2022 at 10:09am
Hi Paul, 

Do you know anyone selling any of these? we have some and would like to add more to the rig!Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567