Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spektre double 18" 'scoops'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 11:25am
A box with 2x PD186 is sickening to lift, even with 2x guys.

So lifting cabs with 2x PD1850s, is hello Mr Hernia.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

On the contrary Sir.... I used to stack these three high on my own.... made good used of fulcrums, gravity and brute force.

Embarrassed
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 11:33am
Originally posted by PauliePaul PauliePaul wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

On the contrary Sir.... I used to stack these three high on my own.... made good used of fulcrums, gravity and brute force.

Embarrassed

Problem is, if you don't have edging, and don't want to slide cabs along your nice paintwork..LOL

TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 11:35am
Clap gwarn paulie paul 

was that porsche ?
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 11:45am
Supaclick Sound from South London run with these boxes, only problem with Supaclick, is nobody really got to hear the full potential of the boxes off their sound, because Supaclick regularly had technical issues.

Respect................... Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 12:44pm

Originally posted by JR.junior JR.junior wrote:

Double transmission lines.

Well, my take on them is that they are two miniscoops joined together, both horn paths join in the middle. If you were to cut one in half and add a couple bottom panels you would indeed have a pair of 'mini' mini scoops. I sold six of mine to a guy in Leicester you did just that, but he cut just below the baffle board on one side, the smaller half was binned and the larger half had a base board added - job done.

Regarding chamber etc, the boxes have a medium sized chamber, they have a baffle board which only extends down, say, to 60% of the chamber height. The horn path is shaped inside with corner panels etc, but from memory (I'll have to get my tape measure out) there is negative expansion. There is absolutely no bracing in the boxes at all. I can see why they have been labelled as 'double scoops' because that's what i used to call them..... but the term 'front loaded dual 18" subs" was added later as it sounded more 'rider friendly'. To reinterate, we never had to chuck crazy power at them, one channel of a VZ3600 was sufficient, and we were never asked to turn the bass up... only ever to turn it down!

As I said previously, I have two boxes here still, and four PD.1851's...... Lamp The chamber size will work with the drivers..... hmmmmm....  
mouths far too small. Not even TML'sDead

seems to be guess work. I wouldn't take them out, sorry to piss on your chips

Shortman wasn't behind these was heLOL
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

Clap gwarn paulie paul 

was that porsche ?

No Sir, The Drum.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Originally posted by JR.junior JR.junior wrote:

Double transmission lines.

Well, my take on them is that they are two miniscoops joined together, both horn paths join in the middle. If you were to cut one in half and add a couple bottom panels you would indeed have a pair of 'mini' mini scoops. I sold six of mine to a guy in Leicester you did just that, but he cut just below the baffle board on one side, the smaller half was binned and the larger half had a base board added - job done.

Regarding chamber etc, the boxes have a medium sized chamber, they have a baffle board which only extends down, say, to 60% of the chamber height. The horn path is shaped inside with corner panels etc, but from memory (I'll have to get my tape measure out) there is negative expansion. There is absolutely no bracing in the boxes at all. I can see why they have been labelled as 'double scoops' because that's what i used to call them..... but the term 'front loaded dual 18" subs" was added later as it sounded more 'rider friendly'. To reinterate, we never had to chuck crazy power at them, one channel of a VZ3600 was sufficient, and we were never asked to turn the bass up... only ever to turn it down!

As I said previously, I have two boxes here still, and four PD.1851's...... Lamp The chamber size will work with the drivers..... hmmmmm....  
mouths far too small. Not even TML'sDead

seems to be guess work. I wouldn't take them out, sorry to piss on your chips

Shortman wasn't behind these was heLOL

Dude, my chips are under cover..... and these boxes actually worked.... many witnesses would testify.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 1:25pm
yeah worked, but did they work wellWink
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 1:29pm
@PauliePaul,

Edited by levyte357 - 19 February 2012 at 12:17pm
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 1:39pm
not fishing, just stating a factSmile
mike03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 7:54pm
I am planing to change my bass boxes soon which is super scoop design. I love them alot cause when i strung up to play the alcohol in the bar has to be take down from the shelf Thumbs Up. But it is time for a change because no one in Jamaica uses scoop anymore, The design they use mostly today are two drivers in one cabinet facing down not sure where that design came from because i live in jamaica and has never seen them not even on the internet. But its a waist of resources because a scoop with one good driver plays heavier than one of them ANYDAY. I love scoops and i am looking for a design even if its similar or identical to the ones that are discuss here, That make me sound like scoops and look like those double boxes that are now used in Jamaica today. I was looking at doubling two mini scoops but have not yet gotten the specs. So if anyone of you guys have the specs for the design and can share it thanks. 
dc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>