Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spektre double 18" 'scoops'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by balistic_sounds balistic_sounds wrote:

i wonder how many of these you could bring to GP LOL
These are the ones I was talking about bringing months ago.... done venues bigger than the GP with three.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 3:45pm
yeah i remember you tellin me moooonths back about these! 
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by brokenjoe brokenjoe wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by brokenjoe brokenjoe wrote:

hmmmm...  controversial !  i'm with paul on this.. 

Should state, person who told me, was referring to the cabs "Superclik" had.

i'll let you off then Wink

Phew... Got the edit in just in time..

Don't need another "mob" after me. LOL

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 4:17pm
Mike 03:
I am planing to change my bass boxes soon which is super scoop design. I love them alot cause when i strung up to play the alcohol in the bar has to be take down from the shelf Thumbs Up. But it is time for a change because no one in Jamaica uses scoop anymore, The design they use mostly today are two drivers in one cabinet facing down not sure where that design came from because i live in jamaica and has never seen them not even on the internet. But its a waist of resources because a scoop with one good driver plays heavier than one of them ANYDAY. I love scoops and i am looking for a design even if its similar or identical to the ones that are discuss here, That make me sound like scoops and look like those double boxes that are now used in Jamaica today. I was looking at doubling two mini scoops but have not yet gotten the specs. So if anyone of you guys have the specs for the design and can share it thanks.   
Apologies to the Op: Not  hijacking the thread:

Where in JA R U, Mike 03? R U changing boxes for  the right reasons (weight, rider friendliness, etc.)?
As U say the double hybrid T18 which most sound systems use cannot approach a well-made scoop, much less a super scoop. Don't follow..lead..

Was at the Sound system explosion at Stadium car Park last night & 3 of 4 sounds (Stone Love, Swatch & 1 of 4 Bass Odyssey columns) were the double hybrid. throw was non existent. Bass Oddysey was using a curious design in 3 other columns (see pics attached. appears to be some sort of front horn loading ) that sounded far deeper and louder. The line array was Renaissance (2 Way self powered tops with 8"mids by ZANN fr Miami?)

Edited by taurusty - 19 February 2012 at 4:21pm
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 4:45pm
@Taurusty, have started new thread for this.

It needs it. LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
midus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by PauliePaul PauliePaul wrote:

[QUOTE=levyte357]EDIT:Person who knows the full history of the cabs "Superclick had",  told me,  they are 2x Wembley Blines stuck together, and original builder is Cas from South London.

Possibly explains why Mykey thought they were a "Shortman" design.
Well.... I sold four to a dude called 'Errol' in South London in early 2009. There were another six moved from Nottingham, in 2008, to London, possibly South - I'm sure the the name 'Cas' was mentioned regarding these. I'm also quite sure they were not grey carpet covered, they were painted black.... (there is a specific forum member on here who could confirm/deny this.)

yes paul we brought 12(painted) from bigga mainly for the drivers didn't pay much more for the cabs  the reasons we got rid of them we could not get them to play better than the scoop we had. you said they never worked well on vz 5000 we where using them with vz 5000 LOL  superclick to has never sounded  good with theses cabs they also use vz 5000LOL
 cas still has 6 empty cabs of ours down london
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by midus midus wrote:

Originally posted by PauliePaul PauliePaul wrote:

[QUOTE=levyte357]EDIT:Person who knows the full history of the cabs "Superclick had",  told me,  they are 2x Wembley Blines stuck together, and original builder is Cas from South London.

Possibly explains why Mykey thought they were a "Shortman" design.
Well.... I sold four to a dude called 'Errol' in South London in early 2009. There were another six moved from Nottingham, in 2008, to London, possibly South - I'm sure the the name 'Cas' was mentioned regarding these. I'm also quite sure they were not grey carpet covered, they were painted black.... (there is a specific forum member on here who could confirm/deny this.)

yes paul we brought 12(painted) from bigga mainly for the drivers didn't pay much more for the cabs  the reasons we got rid of them we could not get them to play better than the scoop we had. you said they never worked well on vz 5000 we where using them with vz 5000 LOL  superclick to has never sounded  good with theses cabs they also use vz 5000LOL
 cas still has 6 empty cabs of ours down london

Thank you.... I knew all of the above... just needed someone else to say it, and I knew you knew!!
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 10:15pm
was this before bigga passed im sure he had ASS Scoops and a few of someone crowns when he passed
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

was this before bigga passed im sure he had ASS Scoops and a few of someone crowns when he passed

Yes, back towards 2006/7-ish... He did have ASS boxes, they are all still in Birmingham (so I heard). His unit on Western Road was crazy, jammed full of boxes etc the last time I went there, loads of vintage stuff.
midus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

yeah a couple of years before he passed bigga was one of those guys who loved to talk about sound my sort of guy 
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 7:31pm
i'm still i war with myself about getting some of these.. my head say yes my back say no.. 
error 404
Lee In Montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee In Montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 7:43pm
I don't see why you guys define those speakers as "scoops"... The mouth area is even smaller than the cone area. They rather are like BR with long expanding port. looks like the sound wave from on driver is fighting the one from the other driver...

Edited by Lee In Montreal - 20 February 2012 at 7:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>