Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reflex Dub Sounds?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by bass traffic bass traffic wrote:

Will be seriously big heavy boxes if they ever get built!!

Will be very interested in findings Thumbs Up  if you get it built bass traffic, post up pics if you get round to it.

Repect................ Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
bass traffic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:16am
I've just been talking to someone who can lend me a pair of the drivers so I'm thinking cheap mdf and knock up a prototype. My subs only run down to 50Hz according to the plots so i reckon if I stick one of these beasts in the centre in front of the decks at my next rave we could be onto a winner!! Got the perfect amp to run it as well.
Plots have a lovely flat bit well down to 30Hz but because of the drop off at the higher end of the bass the programme is telling me f3 point is about 82Hz or something.
I figure drop the upper bass off or even crossover at 50 and judging by the graph this baby will go down to about 27Hz!!
All within excursion as well!
Ooh I'm gonna have to get this built!
Always think bigger because your dreams might be the only thing holding you back.
soundchippy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundchippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 9:50pm
what about a bp6 to try and regain some of the lost effiency?
bass traffic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 2:16am
Originally posted by soundchippy soundchippy wrote:

what about a bp6 to try and regain some of the lost effiency?

I'm not a fan of the steep roll off from bandpass boxes.
Always think bigger because your dreams might be the only thing holding you back.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by bass traffic bass traffic wrote:

Ooh I'm gonna have to get this built!

@ bass traffic

Did you ever get those 21" doubles built Question 

One of our sound crew can get his hands on some 18sound 21" LW1400 Thumbs Up We've got some major events lined up for festival season 2013, so we also want our cab builder to construct some Gsub type 21" double for us, "only reflex will do for us"

We got an idea of size & depth, just wanted to know whether you've built your prototype & tested it Question

We are going to have to built x4 prototypes to test Exclamation When we built our double 18"s we spend 2 weeks in our community centre testing & re-jiggin port & volume sizes to achieve the very low roots sub that we like Clap It was very hard work, but came good in the end Big smile 

Respect........................ Big smile

Edited by Gee136 - 22 April 2012 at 2:04pm

lazyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:09am
government system is lush, heard it twice in Plymouth, you guys after 21"s, that would be madddddd, them 18"s r wicked, good luck with it guys
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by lazyboy lazyboy wrote:

government system is lush, heard it twice in Plymouth, you guys after 21"s, that would be madddddd, them 18"s r wicked, good luck with it guys

Respect brotha  Thumbs Up

waterhouserock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterhouserock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:54pm
Mostec,ffa,relex,xb = quality and deep.Everynote of the bline smooth and clear..might not be as loud as scoops but quality over quantity. Gwan gee...nice to see someone thinking outside of the box.
guitarplayerjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarplayerjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:51pm
I know Axis sometimes use a couple of reflex subs...

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGUnrGzasxg[TUBE]

Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarplayerjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 4:03pm
Oops, I'll try posting again! LOL 

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGUnrGzasxg[TUBE]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarplayerjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 4:04pm
Well apparently it doesn't want to work for me... Wink
soundchippy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundchippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by guitarplayerjoe guitarplayerjoe wrote:

Oops, I'll try posting again! LOL 

there you go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>