Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tweeter Box Design Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qmastah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tweeter Box Design Ideas
    Posted: 07 March 2012 at 4:14pm
Hey everyone,

Am looking to build a tweeter box as part of a 5 way system. The box will sit of top of 4 MT121 and will most likely have 8 bullets such as Beyma CP22.

Can't really find any plans and trying to find some ideas of cool designs. Has anyone done something similar?

Please link up

Q
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 5:52pm
pretty much doesnt matter what shape you make them as bullets arnt affected by the box provided it doesnt block the sound coming out. most people tend to put them slightly splayed so the front of a the box has a curve. Also I wouldnt put all of them in 1 box I would go for 4 boxes of 2 and it gives you by far the most flexibility when it comes to running different sized stacks. Also make sure they are deep enough to actually strap down.

Have a look at the new JBL dance stack the Marquis System and the bullet box on that, thats what I would build if I wanted super tweeters but as I cant hear that high Id rather not have them than have them way too loud hurting people who can hear that ranges ears.

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/Product.aspx?PId=421&MId=2
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 6:21pm
Heres one by Tony A.S.S. stack at last year Sound Off...thought they look different than usual style.Smile

Looks like he fitted it with top hat so can use a small piece of 35mm pole to secure on top of cabs below.

Edited by ermita - 07 March 2012 at 6:25pm
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 7:41pm
i would got with the jbl design
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 7:57pm
Here are a few i made,first ones hold four bullets,the bottom one which i knocked up last weekend,holds two.Very easy to make.

Be seeing you.
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

pretty much doesnt matter what shape you make them as bullets arnt affected by the box provided it doesnt block the sound coming out.

Is it the same with 1" and 2" compression horns or do some of those small tweeter horns need certain cabinet sizes?

Edited by Ras Loud - 07 March 2012 at 9:46pm
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Ras Loud Ras Loud wrote:

Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

pretty much doesnt matter what shape you make them as bullets arnt affected by the box provided it doesnt block the sound coming out.

Is it the same with 1" and 2" compression horns or do some of those small tweeter horns need certain cabinet sizes?

Same for compression drivers, the whole unit is self contained once you fit a horn. This is why its important to get horn and driver to match properly. The box its in has no effect at all. Mine dont even have bases on them cause Im too cheep to bother fitting them.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
qmastah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qmastah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2012 at 11:44pm

This is the design that we ended up with. Courtesy of T Geese. Based on the JBL box idea. Thanks everyone!
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 12:10am
Thumbs Up
baggy02boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baggy02boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 11:28pm
Hello do you have the plans of this tweeter cabinet
 Post Reply Post Reply