Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THAM 12 - a compact 12" TH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:02am

One, two, and four of a 40hz design (15TBX100).

Edited by _djk_ - 01 May 2012 at 11:06am
djk
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:52pm
DJK to work out the max spl would I take the output of 4 cabs 1w/1mtr and times by total watts of all 4 cabs or just the 1.....

so in example 112db @ 1w/1mtr (4 x cabs) x the total wattage not single driver wattage.

via an SPL calculator of course... 
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:54pm
Total Smile
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 4:25pm
that will make the total output of 4 tham15's over 150db allowing for some thermal resistance.
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by jamwa jamwa wrote:

that will make the total output of 4 tham15's over 150db allowing for some thermal resistance.

They're good. Very good... but not that good!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
ovidias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovidias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 4:32pm

I have made 1 piece. Here it is

t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 4:58pm
wow that look realy nice make me want to try a pail now Thumbs Up
martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 5:22pm
ovidias : is that Tony's FTH 12 ? an excellent design I'm sure, but just to clarify that it's not a THAM12 (to avoid confusion).

(at first I thought it was an upscaled development release of the THAM10 with full front modifications)

This however is the build of a THAM12 :

The differnace is in the final steps of the folding and the full front grille capabillity of the FTH-12, otherweise i think they are remarkably simmillar in their respective balancing of performance.

Thanks for sharing, It's allways nice to see build pictures, and Tony's design is one of great quality.' I'm sure.
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
ovidias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovidias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 5:50pm
thank you Martinson. The project is 99 % the same, just a little difference, is higher with 50 mm, S3 and S4 is bigger, also L23 is with 14-15 cm longer. This is traduced in more SPL to the lower octave. It is a great design and for that I thank u very much 
martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:19pm
Ovidias : Oh, yes I see, so you stated a coupple of posts ago, sorry for the missunderstanding, nice work, and it's allways a joy to see the designs evolve, or being tweaked, I really like the "i'll do my own thing of this"-approach, that drives development, good job!

So, how du you find this version of yours ? is it performing ok ?
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
ovidias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ovidias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:29pm
great is a little word to describe the sound that came out from such a little box Clap
FForsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FForsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:55pm

Hi

I am very curious on this little speaker and I think I’m about to build a pair my selves.

I’m not 100 % convinced that they have the extension downwards for my taste.  Is there anyone who has made some measurement on them and would like to post them? I would appreciate that very much.

Kind regards

/Forsman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>