Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT121 Drivers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 1:21pm
It depends on the driver Mykey, 1.3Khz is fine if you use 12db slope. it will bump the graph a bit at the crossover point. So it might get flat. Dunno this is just a theory.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Rawcardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawcardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 4:18pm
Sometimes it think you guys just want to confuse the hell out of the new guy....
is the 12ndl76 still my first choice?

when it comedown to setting up the amps and xovers and stuff im gonna a hire a pro to come in a tune everything...
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 5:23pm
If it was me doing mt122 i would go for higher powered 12s. At least 600w.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 6:22pm
Yes i do overlap where my 12's and cd's meet, this is the only crossover point to overlap to get a flat response however i cannot remember the exact slopes used but will check on my lms next time i power it up and post for you. crossover points and slopes were all setup by tony wilkes using his computer software and measuring mic but as to which program was used you would need to ask tony directly. as i said i am no proffesional and will not say that the way i run mine is the right or wrong way to do it as i believe that different people have different preferences to the way they like a rig to sound and i am happy with what i have got and thats all i cate about.
I use 12s310 ferrite drivers that are no longer in production, they are 400w each powered by matrix ukp2100. I find them plenty loud enough given the efficiency of the mt cabs.
vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Rawcardo Rawcardo wrote:

Sometimes it think you guys just want to confuse the hell out of the new guy....
is the 12ndl76 still my first choice?

when it comedown to setting up the amps and xovers and stuff im gonna a hire a pro to come in a tune everything...

i have heard many people say they are happy with these but haven't heard them myself however i think this is what bee had his mt121's loaded with so his advice is probably among the best you can get on here, he's a honest bloke. i would assume that this would be a good option but i'm sure others that have used them will confirm for you. don't get to confused by the complex posts, just remember that the more you read/ask the more you will learn.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 6:40pm
Vibez, you can still order them to be built ;-).
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Vibez, you can still order them to be built ;-).

i thought they had been discontinued but after checking the bms site it seems you are correct. Think i'm going to load my mt121's with them then get some neo's for the122's and upgrade my cd's towards the end of the year.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 9:54pm
the b&c rout is because that's what Rawcardo can get in his country (not uk), think it was new Zealand........   i crossed over at 1.4k to the 1" comp but let the 12" run out to 2K between 1.3 and 2K both the 12 and 1" worked the same freq...... you will need to take time the first time you set them up to get them time aligned together........ i used the smaart live software to help, i managed to get a very flat response with a bit of eq, but did spend a good day or so playing with the lms....... the 12ndl being a neo makes these boxes an easy one man lift.

Edited by bee - 24 March 2012 at 9:56pm
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 9:56pm
if i get time ill call up the settings on my lms if i still have them, may be of help, but you would still need to eq them as your amps mixer etc would be different to mine and different eq would be needed....
jwdrain View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwdrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 2:53pm
Would the 200 watt P Audio SN12MB be large enough for an MT121 or should i be looking for something a bit more powerful?
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by jwdrain jwdrain wrote:

Would the 200 watt P Audio SN12MB be large enough for an MT121 or should i be looking for something a bit more powerful?

what does it say on the plans ????
http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=mt122

Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
jwdrain View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwdrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 3:29pm
thats the 122 i was on about the 121, is there a difference? im sorry, im aware im a noob but i just thought it might be appropriate on this topic to ask the question seeing as that is what its addressing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>