Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT121 Drivers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 4:43pm
the difference is that 122 has 2*12"drivers and the 121 has 1 , it´s more or less the seem thing 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
jwdrain View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwdrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 8:06pm
ah yeah i knew that, i just meant does the fact that theres 2 drivers in the 122 mean you can get away with the small 200watt sn12bs but with 121s you have to use something bigger? or could you get away with using a 200 watt driver?
PISSHEAD View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 9:10am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

If it was me doing mt122 i would go for higher powered 12s. At least 600w.

Just out curiosity Marjan, why go for a higherpower 12''?..  say if your crossing the 12'' @ 120hz/130hz wouldn't a 300w be sufficient because all you want is vocal mid and won't be getting much mid bass.  The speakers high sensitivity will ensure that the loudness is there.  Would it be overkill (indoors) if higher power 12'' is used?
The 'drunken master' strikes again.
vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by PISSHEAD PISSHEAD wrote:

Just out curiosity Marjan, why go for a higherpower 12''?..  say if your crossing the 12'' @ 120hz/130hz wouldn't a 300w be sufficient because all you want is vocal mid and won't be getting much mid bass.  The speakers high sensitivity will ensure that the loudness is there.  Would it be overkill (indoors) if higher power 12'' is used?

i guess it depends how loud you need your mid to be, this will differ for each rig/user, my advice would be to set yourself a max budget then buy the best drivers you can within that budget.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 6:05am
Originally posted by PISSHEAD PISSHEAD wrote:

yeah doesn't make any sense to me

Higher fs and high sensitivity is whats needed
tamuks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamuks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 6:45am
600watts drivers are sometime usefull when you face bigger crouds off 1000+ people so loading high power drivers might save u   sometimes in going home with burnt drivers. unless if u are to use say 4 cabs then 300 watts is ok

Edited by tamuks - 26 June 2012 at 6:47am
K.A.S.S the art of digital sound entertainment
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 1:07pm
I am talking high sensitivity 600W drivers.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
VlatkoT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VlatkoT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 7:44pm
Do they exist?I mean high sensitivity 12's with more than 400W rms?
Why to live 7 days like a poor idiot When you can live 100 years like billioner
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 8:06pm
Yeah they do. BMS have one for start. Then the P-Audio SN12MB and so on..
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 9:55pm
been following this one, the thing about high power drivers 600w etc.... yes they will be louder, but if the venues you do need this kind of power from a mid high box then im sure you would be purchasing rider friendly cabs......  not diy ones..... all so if the venues need more power from the mid high boxes one thing to look at would be dispersion and placement of the cabs, in which case you would need more mt's anyway to spread the sound.......  1 mt on its own has a narrow ish dispersion but 2 together cover a lot more of the venue......  i would rather use 2 cabs and have a good coverage than one but have narrow coverage (per side).......  

Ive built and tested more mt's than my memory can remember, with pd, b&c, celestion, beyma, rcf, jbl drivers... the list goes on.... on paper there are a few drivers that are all most the same on paper, so my choice for this cab comes down to listening tests only......

After many many hours of trying to get the best from this cab, my choice of xovers is 1.2 to 1.3k for the 1" comps but you will need to let the 12" driver roll off at around 2k this helps get rid of the dip that people talk about..... using a 2"comp you can cross straight over at about 900hz.... and about 1k with a 1.4 comp.... with the 12" rolling out at about 1.5k. A small amount of eq is needed around xover points to get a smooth response....... 

i don't and cant see the need for a 600w driver in this cab, its very very efficient as it is, and you would then limit your self to the high end comps only as the cheaper ones would not keep up with the 12...... more power from mid high cabs is good only if you have the dispersion you need to cover a venue all ready........  
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 9:58pm
tamuks six of the mt121's will do 1000 people with out the 600w driver..... 3 per side
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 10:56pm
Sure that is all fine with me. Just the 600W driver will have a nice and comfortable life :-)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>