Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scoop compatible drivers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 12:09pm
Yes. From time to time, some companies produce unexpected and well hidden gem. And it is hidden even better, because the price is in line of expectations or product line, or not so much higher. So not many people know. Happened to me few times too.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 1:17pm
As far as I know, cerwinvega was propably the first who made some proper high BL drivers for horn loading and such.  
Would be nice to have some of those very early cerwinvega "cinema" horn subs from 70's :)

Edited by Tonskulus - 04 October 2017 at 1:19pm
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 1:00pm
Ok, I tested Fane col. 18SB in hog scoop.  Amplifier: Tamp ta1400, only one channel was used.

SB is not that bad at all in hog, goes pretty low, even 30Hz really does shake the place. Nice and pretty tight with good amount of SPL.  I'm not so sure if that driver even handles >1kW power in HOG, without ripping itself off.. it was quite brutal even when driven by single channel from my Tamp.  Cone movement exceeded the xmax easily around 40-50Hz.

Edited by Tonskulus - 08 October 2017 at 1:02pm
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 2:54pm
How much boost though?
It's everything, not everythink!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Tonskulus Tonskulus wrote:

As far as I know, cerwinvega was propably the first who made some proper high BL drivers for horn loading and such.  
Would be nice to have some of those very early cerwinvega "cinema" horn subs from 70's :)

Whether they got it right or not they were quite innovative, remember the DSM mid top?
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

How much boost though?

Hmm you mean, low freq boost?  My crossover has boost trimmer for 40Hz, yes I used it a little. 

Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Whether they got it right or not they were quite innovative, remember the DSM mid top?

Yes I do remember those horn loaded midtop things, no personal experience tho.. :)

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 7:05pm
What I meant was 600 watts flat Rolling Stones compared to 600watts compressed 40hz with 6db of boost is different. The Fane should be cool at rated power flat in Hog with HPF set accordingly
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:59am
Hey, I have opportunity for cheap 18sound LW2400 but it has 4ohm voicecoil.. is it worse than 8ohm version? As far as I know, 4ohm has lower BL than 8ohm?

So what do you think, if it is any good for scoop?

Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:24am
Remember, Bl alone cannot be measurement of raw force of the driver. You rather use (Bl*Bl)/Re to get the numbers right, and comparative. As long as your amp can feed the driver safely, there should be no significant difference or problems.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Tonskulus Tonskulus wrote:

LOL, I've had 16 pcs of these and 16 pcs of the keeles W-horn.
Nice not to have that anymore :-)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Crashpc Crashpc wrote:

Remember, Bl alone cannot be measurement of raw force of the driver. You rather use (Bl*Bl)/Re to get the numbers right, and comparative. As long as your amp can feed the driver safely, there should be no significant difference or problems.

pretty much correct indeed, oh well..  I'll go for it then :)

Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 5:56pm
Hmm, friend of mine now wants to trade my single 18sound 18LW2400 to two RCF LF18X400's..   has anyone any experience of these RCF drivers in scoops?  Maybe I should change that anyway. One good driver to two good drivers for free, not too bad? :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>