Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scoop compatible drivers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpComingSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 5:50pm
what about the the B&C 18DS115 work in scoops and which one
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 7:00pm
Depends on processing capabilities of your system. As long as impedance and Fs of the driver is suited, and motor force with available cone excursion is high, it will do. Or rather it can be "bent" to provide you good performance. I'd recommend this driver for almost everything from 35Hz upwards.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 11:51pm
Very impressive looking driver (ADDED TO LIST)

When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2018 at 5:44pm
what about the 18hw1070 in scoop any of u guys try it ? what size chamber would u guys recommend ??
www.usspeaker.com/faital%20pro%2018HW1070-1.htm
MRTy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MRTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 1:38pm
Hi, could someone please give me a suggestion on what would be the minimum gap/clearance size between magnet assembly of a Nd driver and front chamber's rear wall? Is the efficient cooling of coil the main concern or are there some other factors to be worried about?
Maybe someone has tested this already, which would save me some precious time. I'm looking for safe long-term operation.
Taking the SuperScooper plan and suggested PD1850 driver as a reference, there is 45 mm gap.
My question is, if 20 mm gap and Nd driver would do the job as well.
Thanks for you opinion!
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 1:51pm
i was always go with minimum 20mm after experience , i had drivers with a 8mm gap once and the metal grill on the front of the cab heated up !!!! power compression massive!!!!
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Crashpc Crashpc wrote:

Depends on processing capabilities of your system. As long as impedance and Fs of the driver is suited, and motor force with available cone excursion is high, it will do. Or rather it can be "bent" to provide you good performance. I'd recommend this driver for almost everything from 35Hz upwards.

what u mean by processin cap? and with "bent"

thanks

as told allready many times 18sw115 (same spider for ds) won't fit in normal size scoop, is too deep u need to have a deep front chamber... possible but not for plans like super scoop!

Edited by _Natty_ - 03 July 2018 at 11:24am
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 12:53pm
I mostly mean, that nowadays, worse natural frequency response is not an issue anymore. With enough processing capabilities and good speaker specs, you can straighten many "issues" with close to no punishment to it. That way I rather prefer stronger motor speakers, and compensate later.
I´m not sure about physical dimensions though. That is another story...
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
Cepoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cepoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 12:48pm
Hello i have a question 

I have 2 x eighteen sound 18nlw9400
I wantl to do 2 scoops 
Is compatible? 
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 1:24pm
Hello.

Yes, that is possoble with this kind of speaker.
Cepoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cepoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Crashpc Crashpc wrote:

Hello.

Yes, that is possoble with this kind of speaker.

What insulation is put inside?
How thick?
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 1:34pm
you mean padding?
It depends. The box will work without it, yet it is better to add padding in there to dampen some peaks.
I recommend some kind of wool. For scoops more than less, lets say 3" thick inside the chamber after fastening. Not much pressed...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>