Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintagesoundsystem website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintagesoundsystem website
    Posted: 12 April 2012 at 3:11pm
Hi all,  as a panic / knee-jerk reaction I have registered the domain vintagesoundsystem.com.  I hope to flesh out this site with history on each manufacturer, spec sheets, photos and stories from around the world.  Hopefully it would act as a repository and reference source.  What do you think?

Any suggestions on format, platform, what should be included, who should be banned are most welcome.
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by burningbush burningbush wrote:

Any suggestions  who should be banned are most welcome.

LOL
Be seeing you.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 3:27pm
LOL Yes, you for starters.  But really I was thinking that there is alot of info out there, and on here that is fairly well scattered or hidden in posts - and that if it were in one indexed location that it might be an interesting and possibly useful resourse.  I don't know, worth the hassle?
music is the message
oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 4:55pm
Sounds good to me, although I think Ian should be forced to get all his gear out of the several aircraft hangars he must be renting and photograph it all for the site as a start.LOL
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 5:02pm
I was thinking more organise a "vintage/oldskool" weekender and get everyones kit out.  Old DJ's, old vinyl, old speakers, old amps, old times.LOL
music is the message
London Sound1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Sound1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 5:39pm
You may be the answer to a problem I have been pondering for some time, I have loads of back copies of Studio Sound (c 1970 ish to end of publication) also Live and Live Sound (USA mag).
I also have a number of manufacturers catalogs including Martin, Mega, WEM and quite a few others.
I would like these to go to a good home, I had considered selling on Ebay or the sale section here (now defunct) but if whoever will take them promises to scan and make more widely available I would consider giving them away.

Ian
We know what most of the knobs do

http://www.soundengineer.co.uk
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 5:42pm
Good idea London Sound, I would happily scan them and pass them on.Thumbs Up.
music is the message
simonh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 10:00pm
 but
Originally posted by burningbush burningbush wrote:

I was thinking more organise a "vintage/oldskool" weekender and get everyones kit out.  Old DJ's, old vinyl, old speakers, old amps, old times.LOL

Have no vintage gear myself Cry but would love to attend an event that showed all this old gear off...
simonh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by oldskool oldskool wrote:

Sounds good to me, although I think Ian should be forced to get all his gear out of the several aircraft hangars he must be renting and photograph it all for the site as a start.LOL

LOL, yeah come on Ian.... I want to see your concert series rig in action...... pretty please....
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 10:14pm
Hi Gavin
Yes I think its a good idea,  shame we are all scattered all over the Uk though.
I like the idea of a website I keep meaning to do a Citronic one similar to Andy's H/H one, but never seem to get the time
Do you intend to do all makes of equipment ?
Martin
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 11:03pm
Gavin - this is a tip top brilliant idea, well done for registering the web name!.

Not surprisingly you've already generated replies from some of us 'old farts', so do please add me in and I suspect ColinT won't be too long in the arrival......

Already you've flushed out the owner of a good few calatogues, brochures and old mags, (the idea of them being flogged for a few quid on the bay - Angry ) I'd love to see those old mags - I remember thumbing 'Studio Sound and Recording Engineer' when I wasn't thumbing Disco International....

Count me in old chap! - any help needed with scanning, storage of docs or anything else, just shout eh?

Just a thought - would it be worth the 'old farts' each agreeing to formally exchange contact numbers/email addresses etc on a restricted basis to help with behind the scenes comms?, or are we then straying into data privacy territory?

Greg

Greg 

Edited by GregM - 13 April 2012 at 12:02am
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 1:37pm
Doug Fowler set up 'historyofconcertsound.org' some time ago - you may consider contacting him to prevent duplication of effort or even stepping on each other's toes.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>