Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice needed regarding Funktion One

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViBRATIONZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed regarding Funktion One
    Posted: 12 April 2012 at 6:58pm
Hello,

I'm a newbie to the forum as well as to sound systems. I've been a DJ for 14 years, running my own club nights, but never have had my own rig. I'm looking at buying a small set up for my parties and to rent to other promoters in my locale. As a house music DJ and promoter I'm a fan of the Funktion One systems. I've read some posts on the forum and see that someeople are split when it comes to this brand. I've been offered some Res 3's. From photos I've seen they appear to be mint, but obviously need to take a closer look in person. The asking price with wheel boards is £5000. Is this a fair price? Where else should I be looking for Funktion One loud speakers? I see the for sale section has been taken down on this forum.I keep an eye on eBay but find it hard to find much else for sale. As a newbie I have a million and one other questions, but will save them for another time. Anybody with any knowledge or advice, I'd really appreciate your help. Thank you
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:22pm
is that for 1 or a pair , talk to 4D here on the forum he´l sort you out but remember you can´t send mail , and I can´t give you his email, til you are old enough , Confused 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:22pm
funktion one are obviously a good brand to buy into, but it is expensive. on top of the cost of speakers you'll be looking to get an xta crossover and some pricey but good amps to go with them too.

i've never heard the Res3 boxes, but they're a relatively new product so your chances of getting knackered ones are lower than res 4s or so. they're a really big speaker though. most in your situation would be looking for a pair of 218s and a pair of res2s or 4s to go over them.
Twirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:27pm
Richie Vee?
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:38pm
The res 3 is a stunning box. Very big and really needs a 21" to go under it. £5000 is a pretty good price for what you have described.

As said before you are going to be looking at alot more than £5000 by the time you have done the speakers they justice the deserve! You will need a decent processor and 4 decent amplifiers.

If it was me going to look at them I would be looking for cracks in the fiberglass as it's very expensive to replace.

Have you looked at a res 4 over the top of 218 combo? Would be the best bet for house music IMHO plus they are more common on the open market at the moment if you want to expand.

J

Edited by jacethebase - 12 April 2012 at 7:39pm
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
ViBRATIONZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViBRATIONZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

is that for 1 or a pair , talk to 4D here on the forum he´l sort you out but remember you can´t send mail , and I can´t give you his email, til you are old enough , Confused 

Sorry, should have stated its £5000 for the pair. Thnaks for the heads up, will search out 4D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViBRATIONZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Sorry should have stated, yes it's for a pair of Res 3's. Will search out 4D, thanks for the heads up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViBRATIONZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

funktion one are obviously a good brand to buy into, but it is expensive. on top of the cost of speakers you'll be looking to get an xta crossover and some pricey but good amps to go with them too.

i've never heard the Res3 boxes, but they're a relatively new product so your chances of getting knackered ones are lower than res 4s or so. they're a really big speaker though. most in your situation would be looking for a pair of 218s and a pair of res2s or 4s to go over them.

Thanks for the advice. The reason I'm drawn to the Res 3's is because of them being an all in one enclosure, which I was thinking of using alone for smaller parties, and then putting them on top of some bins for bigger gatherings. There are amps for sale actually to go along with the Res 3s, will be interested to know what you think when I get the price and model numbers. Thanks mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViBRATIONZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

The res 3 is a stunning box. Very big and really needs a 21" to go under it. £5000 is a pretty good price for what you have described.

As said before you are going to be looking at alot more than £5000 by the time you have done the speakers they justice the deserve! You will need a decent processor and 4 decent amplifiers.

If it was me going to look at them I would be looking for cracks in the fiberglass as it's very expensive to replace.

Have you looked at a res 4 over the top of 218 combo? Would be the best bet for house music IMHO plus they are more common on the open market at the moment if you want to expand.

J

Thanks J. I would be interested in res 4 over the top of 218 combo. I hired 4 of the 218 bins with a  pair of Res 2's a couple weeks back for one of my parties. Was amazing sound for the size of the space. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViBRATIONZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Twirl Twirl wrote:

Richie Vee?

Yeah mate, do we know each other?
Twirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 8:13pm
Don't think so mate, I went to school with Marcus though.

Happy to help out if you need anything... I'll message you my email when you've made 10 posts.
jumps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 8:42pm
5000P for a pair of res 3 is a bargain! 

If you don't take the pair pass me over the contact!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>