Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matrix XT 6000 power amp turned smoke machine!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

You got me Ian. RETRO MAN. LOL 5 hours of grass cutting yesterday, then a few hours in the veggie patch. NO back ache. Never been to a gym in my life. I have a perfect one outside.

Thats ridiculous.....you have a sit on mower!! doesn't qualify for day in the life of a RETRO MAN!! LOL

Did sit on mower Saturday. Sunday was push mower in other areas and petrol brushcutter. I'm a petrol head too.
Just found old pic. It's not a lightweight!
Billy Dawg.
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:35am
wayyy off subject here guys, id like to know whne the amp is fixed if they knew what happened
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:40am
We are bored and waiting for a response from Lee. Anyway it's raining.

Any news Lee on your old Matrix amp?
Billy Dawg.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 11:02am
Originally posted by WHAT! WHAT! wrote:

Why would you want heavyweight amps with transformer in there when you can have a proper lightweight amp with SMPS delivering all you need?
Years ago I had to carry all those heavyweight amp racks with 4 people to get it up on stage while now I can lift an amp rack alone - and still get proper sound quality...

So really all this lightweight stuff is to blame for the unemployment problems we have. All the more reason to bin it all! LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 11:13am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

There was no gym and such crap years ago ( or very little), men were men, I come from that era. I have no aches or pains. I work hard when I need to, regardless of the weight. For me apart from weight SMPS = FAT!

That's very funny and very true Malcolm!

Modern man...hello darling,im off to the gym.

Retro man....Put kettle on love,im off to cut the lawn,cut the hedges,paint the ceilings,fit a new water tank in the loft and lift the amp rack out of the van. Big smile

LOL

Clap

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:39pm
any news on this amp yet pal?
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2014 at 11:26pm
Did the amp ever get fixed haha!
Lee83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2014 at 11:28pm
Hi! Wow old thread!

Yeah Andy rang me personally, found my number online somehow.

Had it repaired and back to me free of charge in about 2 weeks of it dying so I seem to recall.

Top bloke!

Edited by Lee83 - 06 August 2014 at 11:31pm
Lee83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2014 at 11:30pm
Ah just noticed a lot of you were asking about the amp now I look back on this thread, sorry I wasn't being rude, I have no idea what I must have been up to April/May 2012... Hmmmmm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678