Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio F10 woofer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Audio F10 woofer
    Posted: 30 April 2012 at 4:27pm
Hi there,
I've just bought some secondhand F10s. It was delivered by a courier. Unfortunately during closer inspection I spotted that membrane of one of the woofers is weirdly pushed forward. When I unscrewed it, it turned out that the magnet has beed displaced from its original position (thank you very much Parcelforce). I managed to push the magnet to its default position but the cone is still pushed forward Cry which means the cone has been damaged - am I wrong?

Could someone help me source a replacement woofer please? The part number is DLS603, alternatively it could be DLS 10004. Or maybe someone has got one spare and would be happy to part with it?

Please help if you can as I need to sort it out with the Seller asap.
Thanks!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 4:44pm
Yes,its damaged....pushing the magnet back wont help,you need a new driver.

Just phone Martin audio,they can quote you a price for a new one.
Be seeing you.
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 5:00pm
Your magnet has slipped - probably had a bit of a bump during transport Thumbs Down

As Ian said, you have no option but to get a new driver!

Although, you may be able to re-center the magnet with enough patience and reglue with impact adhesive .. But unlikely.
audiofun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:35am
Thanks for the replies.

So far I've managed to find only one company that supplies the Martin Audio replacements (LMC Audio). In their price list the driver I need cots 185 +VAT. WOW, quite a lot for general purpose 10" woofer. Still waiting for reply from Martin Audio, I hope they can do it for less.

Does anyone know what company does the OEM drivers for Martin? To be exact, that's: 10", 2,5" VC, 8R, ferrite.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:48am
Martin Audio do charge quite a lot for their OEM drivers but they're not unusual in doing that.

We would need to see a picture to identify the original manufacturer as Martin get their OEM drivers from several sources.  You're unlikely to find the exact driver off the shelf but it wouldn't be too difficult to find a driver which would work in the cabinet.  If you want the two boxes to sound identical and stay stock F10's then the only option is to get the correct replacement.
audiofun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:08pm
Here are photos of the damaged woofer:

I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me what speaker is that. 185 +VAT for the replacement is the last resort but I'm hoping for some cheaper solution.
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:42pm
Got the Feb 2012 Martin Audio spares list Tom.

F10 10" is listed as £194.00 plus carriage, plus VAT.

Billy Dawg.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:33pm
Gawd,that's a lot of money for a simple 10" (even given the fact it has a cast frame).

Anyone recognise who actually makes it?
Be seeing you.
audiofun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

Got the Feb 2012 Martin Audio spares list Tom.

F10 10" is listed as £194.00 plus carriage, plus VAT.

Thanks Joe. Now I'm even more desperate to find an alternative to the replacement from Martin...
audiofun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Anyone recognise who actually makes it?

For obvious reason I've checked hundreds of woofers... and this one does not look like any of those I've seen. However, it looks like a mixture of characteristics of some B&C, RCF and Faital Pro.... so, direction Italy I would say ;)
audiofun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 8:10pm
Patience pays off...the woofer is a Ciare OEM Hug
BradRWills View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BradRWills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:24pm
Post a wanted ad on here Audiofun.  I did something similar to an ICT300 driver a while back - they were also about £190 +VAT from LMC - only problem was, that whilst they had them listed, and allowed me to purchase them, they didn't actually have them in stock, and were never going to get them back in stock...... I ended up buying a pair for that amount, which gave me a spare for the future (well...actually, I ended up buying another 3 in the end - but that's more to do with my greed!)

LMC are the only Martin distributor for OEM drivers I believe - Martin won't (as far as I know) deal with you directly.

Also keep your eye out on ebay for drivers in need of re-cone (much easier than fixing that magnet) - you'll find what you want eventually.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>