Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HB1805C1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 5:52pm
How low these subs plays ?
nomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 12:50pm
40hz
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 1:09pm
Awesome build, talk about well made and a solid cab!

I noticed you used MDF in your building with yacht varnish - I was under the impression that the two didnt go well together, was I wrong? Smile
hektik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hektik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 5:36pm
using varnish with mdf is ok unless you r using the application outdoors ,when the moisture gets inside the mdf it needs to get out ..the varnish restricts this (splits out where the so called mdf end grain is )causing bubbles and cracks which starts to weakens the whole structure .

i tryed the same with our first mdf scoops was the worst thing we could have done . all the ends went like fluffy paper ,we had bubbles under the outside layer of mdf ect ,,if u want to water tight them use a proper exterior wood primer inside and out as much as poss then paint with aldcroft it will help but it wont last like birchply,
ONE-MST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONE-MST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 11:08am

[size=24>STACKé PAR 8.

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 1:01pm
awesome!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
nomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 3:20pm
does the kickdrum have presence dans le mix!
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:48pm
yikes!  so thats 16x 18's you got there.  i built a single version of this cab.  its an amazing design.  for those not able to get the selenium drivers, the PD188 does well in this cab.  ran it 50hz to 200hz with no problems.  a techno hard hitter. 
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:51pm
what about the pd186 & pd1850 Rich?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by nomis nomis wrote:

does the kickdrum have presence dans le mix!

the c shaped unobstructed horn path allows good response to 200hz imo.  very clean and hard kick region
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

what about the pd186 & pd1850 Rich?

nice big chamber in this design.  id say the 186 would work amazing.  its the low xmax of the 188 that held it back imo.  the 186 should do great and allow a lower cutoff with double the xmax.  id say from the good stuff i have heard from people loading the vega earthquakes with 186's its a great choice for this style cab.  easy build too.  very easy in single 18 version!

1850 would hit so hard i imagine.  but id probably choose the 186 seeing as it shares similar specs to the cerwin 189sw used in the earthquakes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12