Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early Void prototype?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Void prototype?
    Posted: 12 May 2012 at 10:38pm

djk
tamuks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamuks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 10:43pm
what are these cabs surposed to be low or mid cabs .l think they are lows

Edited by tamuks - 12 May 2012 at 10:45pm
Spartan Audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 10:44pm
Looks like a mid top.
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 10:50pm
Judging by the drivers & the twin horns I'd say they have to be full range, but butt ugly with it.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:02pm
They look like a modified version of these bass bins with the inclusion of a direct radiating dual/triple concentric driver for mid/top:

I seem to recall a discussion some time ago on this forum - I have the picture description as 'Acoustic Horn' - doesn't sound like my naming convention, so I probably downloaded the pic from somewhere with that name already attached.

Edited by jazomir - 12 May 2012 at 11:04pm
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
tamuks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamuks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by jazomir jazomir wrote:

They look like a modified version of these bass bins with the inclusion of a direct radiating dual/triple concentric driver for mid/top:

I seem to recall a discussion some time ago on this forum - I have the picture description as 'Acoustic Horn' - doesn't sound like my naming convention, so I probably downloaded the pic from somewhere with that name already attached.

so they are fullrange then
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:12pm
RCA MI-6265 theater speaker, 1939 vintage. There is a 'B' version that added a super tweeter.

18" woofer plus 3" voice-coil compression driver crossed at 650hz, 50hz~11Khz.

With HF horn removed:

jazomir is correct, the PA in his photo was built by Bill Woods, horn designer for Yorkville Sound.

Edited by _djk_ - 12 May 2012 at 11:16pm
djk
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 10:17am
So the RCA cabs look like speakers but that first pic in the thread reminds me of an air-con unit!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 2:33pm
Found these links on Google:

Japanese video:

and discussion/description (obviously translated via Google Translate) with the last post yesterday from Tom Danley:

Edited by jazomir - 13 May 2012 at 2:40pm
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
snafu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 3:03pm
Those are definately aircon vents.
I have wondered if they could be utilised many times, though it is hard to tell what they are "doing" in this instance.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 2:41am
"Those are definately aircon vents."

Actually, they are the high frequency horn.
djk
 Post Reply Post Reply