Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternatives to Proline 3000?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternatives to Proline 3000?
    Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:17pm
I've just been advised by the Thomann export team shipping of the Proline3000 to Australia is not available due to it being too heavy for normal international shipment.

Can anyone suggest an alternative in power and price?

Edit: forgot to mention what they will be powering, the mids are 2 X12 style reflex cabs loaded with 2 x Fane Colossus 12MB per side, and the subs are 2 PD.186 loaded G Subs (hoping to drive one G sub per amp channel).

Edited by vertx - 21 May 2012 at 3:32pm
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:14pm
Prob best searching for some of the threads on chinese bass amps !
Should be able to get one/two a lot easier in your part of the world than what most on here talk about...
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
Peter Papp [PKN] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Papp [PKN] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:20pm
For the Fane Colossus 12MB : PKN XD4000 (minimum)
For the PDs a PKN XD6000 ;-)

You should check other quality lihghtweigt amps like Powersofts,etc..
If you need long range transport may save something with more expensive device but less bulky/far lighter package!

Edited by Peter Papp [PKN] - 21 May 2012 at 4:23pm
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Peter Papp [PKN Peter Papp [PKN wrote:

] For the Fane Colossus 12MB : PKN XD4000 (minimum)

If you need long range transport may save something with more expensive device but less bulky/far lighter package!

If he was going to buy Proline, doubt he can afford Powersoft/PKN... LOL

The Proline 3000 is just rebranded Deton Aone 3600 from China.

Should be no problem getting amp direct from Deton.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
darkraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:37pm

Well with Thomann's T-Amps you get some decent service ! So nothing to complain and to worry about service and so on !

Alternative to T3000:

More power & service & waranty included.

I would not consider importing stuff from China if you do not know how to repair any amp.

Edited by darkraver - 21 May 2012 at 7:38pm
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by darkraver darkraver wrote:

Well with Thomann's T-Amps you get some decent service ! So nothing to complain and to worry about service and so on !

Alternative to T3000:

More power & service & waranty included.

The OP said Thomann won't ship to Australia, because of cost, so mentioning Thomann's warranty & service again is irrelevant.

All dude needs to do is ask Deton for circuit diagram of the Amp.

If amp ever needs repairing or servicing, competent local engineer can do the job, with circuit diagram/parts list.

Importing Chinese amps from Australia/Asia is completely different to doing it from UK, due to distance/shipping costs. Chances are OP might even find Deton amps on Australian eBay.

Originally posted by darkraver darkraver wrote:

I would not consider importing stuff from China if you do not know how to repair any amp.

Probably most ridiculous statement I've read on here this year. Confused

You import chinese amp, get local engineer to give look over before you use it, the end.

There is risk it might be DOA, or fail first gig, that's the risk you take for buying amp really cheaply. Doesn't suit everyone, but works for some.

Edited by levyte357 - 21 May 2012 at 7:57pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
darkraver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkraver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:07pm
Sorry, did not notice it needs to be shipped to Australia.
But anyway for the persons overhere in Europe a decent alternative is the Pronomic, for sure..

Well might be ridiculous to you but I would stay on the safe side.
If you call that ridiculous well then no offense and fine with me :)
China works if you get a proper working unit. But most of us know that the failure rate is simply high...
If you do not get a proper working one, then lots of fun. Find parts, find some engineer and pay for the servicing hours. Cheap buy then turns out to be less cheap...

Edited by darkraver - 21 May 2012 at 8:08pm
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Peter Papp [PKN Peter Papp [PKN wrote:

] For the Fane Colossus 12MB : PKN XD4000 (minimum)

I wish Cry
Might be able to stretch for a PKN XD4000 on the subs if I eat noodles for a few months LOL

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

The Proline 3000 is just rebranded Deton Aone 3600 from China.

Should be no problem getting amp direct from Deton.

Something like this is my best bet, although I tried the email on their website last week and I got a bounce back, something about the mail box not existing anymore?

I also found a website called Made In China, "connecting buyers with China suppliers", and it has a fair few options, CA20 included...

Other than that I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for something second hand on ebay...
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:51am
I've been looking into some PKN's too vert. Maybe we should follow this up to see if we can cut costs somewhere.

Couple of 3 phase's running the whole east coast should do the trick LOL would never need to lift another amp rack, just plug in our 800km long cables and 16000ohm speakers LOLLOL

Edited by Keen - 22 May 2012 at 2:04am
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 4:50am
dB-Mark do a nice 3U unit that would fit the bill, I will see about shipment from them to Oz.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:19am
Thanks Tony, that'd be great.

On the subject of Chinese amps, anyone know how running one (220v/50hz/10a) would working from a Australian power outlet (250v/50hz/10a)?

I've read Chinese wall sockets are rated to 250v but their plugs and devices use 220v.... same physical socket as Australia though so I'm assuming there won't be any issues?

Edited by vertx - 22 May 2012 at 10:28am
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 9:33am
Just received a quote on both the Soundstandard CA18 and the CA20 - Freight's expensive but the total is pretty cheap all up, very tempted. Will wait for a few other quotes to come in before I decide which way to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>