Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X15 Boxes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X15 Boxes
    Posted: 04 October 2004 at 10:07pm

Hi Guys,

Only new to all of this, I live Australia and my dad is a cabinet maker, its time for new boxes and I need exactly what the X 15 has to offer, I currently own two EV EVM-15L 400W 15" drivers that I would like to pair up with some horns.

The X15 states a P-Audio 15" speaker and P-Audio Horn combination, . So my question is will my speaker work ok in this box and also where can I get the PAP VX1-VX2 crossovers from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please email your reply to:

dirtydevious@myrealbox.com

Thanks in advance,

Damian

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:16pm
The crossovers 'may' be available from Pro Audio PArts (link from the speakerplans homepage)  When I ordered my drivers they didn't have any so they recommended the (I think) 3k2 xover which we had to add an 8db l-pad to.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:54pm

The EVM-15L driver is not suitable for that box.

The L at the end of that model, means Lead for lead guitar.

Edited by ToXiC
IAIN RENDLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAIN RENDLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 9:14am

hey guys looking for some PAP VX1's does any one know the Tech specs of them??? are there any other makes that do the same job? do any of the eminence x overs have same characteristics?

cheers

LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 2:15am

Cossovers are designed to suit specific driver combinations. It wll 'work' but may not sound as good as it could.If the HF driver/horn is the same it may be ok. The EVM-15L will also work fine in a ported box but may need to be tuned to suit the volume of the x15. Get the specs of the driver and put them into WinISD and model it. Looks fine on paper,qts .29 x-max 3.3mm etc,yes it is a 'guitar' speaker but is used in full range cabs aswell(like eminence with kappas/gammas etc)

'True' guitar speakers have short x-max but 3.3mm is plenty. Also the sensitivity appears higher so the HF pad may need adjusting

Speaker addict
 Post Reply Post Reply