Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x1 whitch way up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martynjhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x1 whitch way up
    Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:05pm

will the x1 perform ok with one port at the top and one at the bottem

i need it that way to get the high of the rest of my stack

cheers

martynjhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martynjhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:06pm

sorry about the spelling

staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 7:17pm
It is designed to stay on side .. so both ports must be by the floor.. anything else will affect the sound (in bad way).
Mal X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:20pm
i have 8 X1's and i can tell you it sounds a bit off with one port at the top and one at the bottom. As staiper says put both ports on the floor and all will be well.

Mal
Mal, how loud was that!!!!!!
Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 10:25pm

So I guess if you want it higher, then add another X1?

Can a single X1 support two HD15 horns in terms of audio output?  If yes, is there plenty of reserve, like could I use the £120 driver instead of a £200 driver? 

Mal X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 10:20am
You got it thats what we did till we got our 15" horns, 2 X1's with an MT on top.

Depends where you cross it over, the size of the venue and how much power you are giving the driver in the X1. Go for the V18 1000 you will be so disapointed if you don't, it really is worth the extra cash, i will show you what i mean if you coming to the shootout.

Mal
Mal, how loud was that!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply