FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cubo sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cubo sub
    Posted: 04 December 2018 at 9:51am
Anyone that has some measurements from the cube sub?

discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 12:56am
How would the fane colossus 18 1500 do in the cubo sub to be used as a dedicated sub unit with es18s on kick duties ? has anyone simed it?
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 8:25pm
Yea i know :) its more of a test to see which has better sound/output. Thanks man! 
TechnoChef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoChef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 7:57pm
Respect for the novice builders!

And don't forget when you're testing that you'll get more low end extension from the selenium/cv horn when you add the other three!
I think I'm in love with your mum.
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 6:22pm
P.s just for the record that album is my first and only woodworking experience! The first cubo is the 1st cabinet i ever built and still building in me parents garage!
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 6:20pm
For sure I always take plenty of pics ;) Here's an album of most of my builds - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150105889493951.284126.659953950&type=3

Feel free to add me on facebook :)

Will hopefully be getting some mdf early next week to start the selenium folded horn but not sure how long till i can get PD186's. I'l start a new topic when i've done em
AvLee View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

Personally I wouldn't take them above 110 hz.

I don't drive my Cubo 18's above 80hz for maximum efficiency!

Edit: I start the roll off at 80hz

Edited by AvLee - 14 June 2012 at 6:37pm
Crop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 1:03am
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

when you built both, a full report please.... and a few build pics lol..... we all love build pics.Tongue

+1
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:20pm
when you built both, a full report please.... and a few build pics lol..... we all love build pics.Tongue
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:17pm
thats a very good point :) thanks for the advice! I was planning on building one of these seleniums out of mdf to try first anyway.

Nice one :)
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:14pm
smoore your best bet is to get some mdf and build one of each, that way you will be happy with your choice. sound and speakers is a very individual thing...... for me i would go for the cubo sub, but im not you.......  you can get standard mdf for under £9.00 per sheet, so 3 sheets should do both cabs, and a lot cheaper than building test cabs from birch ply....... 
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:04pm
Bee i'm figuring out what 4x18" cabs to build instead of my 3 cubo 15 (which i absolutely love but sadlly need more bass...)
 Going for PD186 as theyr a good cheap-ish 18", and was going to put them in single selenium hb1805s (basicly a CVsl36 design), Unless you think the cubo sub would be a better option?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>