Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cubo sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 1:36pm
What drivers wotk well in the cubo 18?
AvLee View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 4:16pm
If you build the Cubo 18 Extended version PD1850's come alive!
vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by AvLee AvLee wrote:

If you build the Cubo 18 Extended version PD1850's come alive!

Covering what frequency range?
TechnoChef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoChef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2012 at 6:58pm
IIRC the cubo 18 goes down to 35 or 40Hz, and up to about 100-110.

I took my new cubo subs out last night for a cheesetastic birthday party and they're pretty damn hefty! HPF at 30hz, crossed into kick bins at 90. Very pleased with them, can't wait to put some good basslines through them.

I think I'm in love with your mum.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 12:08am
high pass the 1850's at 33.5hz you can cross then out up to 130hz after that they get honky.... a stack of 8 causes a lot of smiley faces...... great for venues upto 500 people... but lack throw for bigger venues........  a stack of 8 gets you in a lot of trouble with the noise police lol.....

a pic of the old killerhurts audio rig.

and another 4 just being finished pic taken last year.....

bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 10:55am
hi Bee.
how would you rate the cubo sub in terms of throw against the infamous ev t18. 4 t18 with the mouths coupled used to throw quite nicely in front of the stack as well as the back.......lol. very intersted in the cubo sub at present.

bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 11:13pm
the t18 is not in the same league...... The cubo sounds cleaner, louder, and has better throw....ive a/b the cubo 18 extended against the t18......
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 12:18am
Personally I wouldn't take them above 110 hz.
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:04pm
Bee i'm figuring out what 4x18" cabs to build instead of my 3 cubo 15 (which i absolutely love but sadlly need more bass...)
 Going for PD186 as theyr a good cheap-ish 18", and was going to put them in single selenium hb1805s (basicly a CVsl36 design), Unless you think the cubo sub would be a better option?
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:14pm
smoore your best bet is to get some mdf and build one of each, that way you will be happy with your choice. sound and speakers is a very individual thing...... for me i would go for the cubo sub, but im not you.......  you can get standard mdf for under £9.00 per sheet, so 3 sheets should do both cabs, and a lot cheaper than building test cabs from birch ply....... 
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:17pm
thats a very good point :) thanks for the advice! I was planning on building one of these seleniums out of mdf to try first anyway.

Nice one :)
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:20pm
when you built both, a full report please.... and a few build pics lol..... we all love build pics.Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>