Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best small rig?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best small rig?
    Posted: 08 June 2012 at 8:15pm
I'm interested, what are people's experiences of high quality small rigs? I'm thinking of something that will fit in the back of an estate car, be 2/3-way, go to 40 Hz at least and sound REALLY nice.

Money no object - what would you go for?

S
a1dl View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1dl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 8:23pm
http://www.eventpahire.co.uk
GekoMusic94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 8:24pm
NEXO!! Smile 2xPS10 + 2xLS400. With the dedicated controller is one of the nicest small system IMO.
https://soundcloud.com/dj-uber
Steve_B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 8:39pm
Are you looking for a design to build or a commercial system?
TmanG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TmanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 8:45pm
Is weight an issue, cause if I was purely size limited I would go for something with alot of drivers that drops low. Problem would be low sensitivity but if money is no object you could get a crazy amount of power in 1u (powersoft etc) and be able to get some serious noise from very little space.

Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 8:52pm
Just to see what people are saying Steve but I would probably buy. I've hired two Void Basys systems and they impressed people, but not me massively. For me they needed more clarity in the MTs and more sub but they are tweakable. I hear good things about Nexo and some of the other prestige manufacturers so I want to see what peoples opinions are - I know these are bread and butter for the rental sound guys here.

S
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 12:21pm
boot of the car with seats down no passengers ??

or boot of the car only,

for me, i went for boot only, all beyma neo diy option 

2  sb12" subs and 2 12 + 1.4" sealed mids plus rack and leads and poles all under the toneau, room for 4 passengers Smile

i would consider tony wilkes bms loaded  mini systems next time around though.

kev

Edited by kevin tyler - 09 June 2012 at 12:22pm
adamski1010 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamski1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 12:28pm
L'Acoustics 108p x2 and SB15 x2 plus a digico sd11. Best sounding small system in the world (in my opinion).

Or, if you want REALLY small, EM acoustics EMS51s x2 plus an i8 sub is cracking wee system.

Cheers
Adam
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 12:40pm
how much is that adam?

Smile
adamski1010 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamski1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 12:45pm
For the L'Acoustics or the EM system?

Cheers
Adam
jaykaygee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaykaygee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 1:23pm
Hi, personally I couldn't recommend the RCF TT+ (Touring and Theatre) range highly enough. Two TTS18-A subs and two TT22-A make a phenomenal sounding rig.

Cheers,

James
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2012 at 1:43pm
Hi Adam

both roughly i guess please mate.

re money no object, not sure about you guys, but i find it hard to get my head around paying mega bucks for these simple to build (nexo tops , single co ax)  good brand cabs.I know the resale value, rider spec is a big thing, but for guys like myself who want good sound, dont want to sell for x years,  i cant help leaning towards best available drivers in a well built diy cab.

Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>