Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bombatrossi Sound System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvempaPrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bombatrossi Sound System
    Posted: 12 June 2012 at 6:19pm
My ongoing project, are currently building 4 more hogs and also have 2 more es218 that needs painting.
the midtops are simply mt-130 with an XT8 ontop!

cheers from stockholm, Sweden.
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 8:18pm
you must be a very happy man, thats lovely
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
chemicalabuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemicalabuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 8:41pm
V.nice how do the tops sound with the extra xt8 added?
grazzeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazzeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 9:06pm
looks like a lean mean music playing machine!
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 9:16am
looks very similar father francis' rig in copenhagen, I'm sure it sounds excellent.

What are you powering it with?

Edited by biotec - 13 June 2012 at 9:17am
me so horny, me love you long throw.
tamuks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamuks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 12:41pm
cool is it mono or there is another side like this?
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 3:23pm
They look more like F221's than ES18's!
SvempaPrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvempaPrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 9:55pm
Thanks guys! 

I know the obvious similarities to F1, but more than a year ago when i started building the es18s i made some stupid design decisions (bracings  and double box) that i had to stick with when i "designed" the other cabs. Very stupid indeed but im quite pleased with the looks, and the rig sounds very good.

The mt-130 in the midtops is played up to 550hz, i measured them and they loose some output around 500, so i let the xt8 take over from there. the Xt8's play all they way up to 3,5k wich is very narrow, but a rarely use them in singles so with the cabs  splayed 10° (wich is the angle of the sides) they get pretty good. The BMS 4538 just sounds SOO much smoother on high levels crossed that high, if i go down to 2,5k the comp drivers sounds pretty harsh.

This is so to speak "half the rig". As i wrote i am building 4 more hogs and i have 2 more tops and 2 more es218.  I am also considering building 6 single mt-130  cabs to get some extra punch in the low mid.

watcha think about that?
Electrikal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrikal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 11:46pm
Lovely!
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 2:42am
Gotta love them Hogs with holed potentialy Funktion one bracing...
What drivers you got in there and amps you using?

reminds me of something....

[IMG][/IMG]
oh yeah!

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by SvempaPrim SvempaPrim wrote:

My ongoing project, are currently building 4 more hogs and also have 2 more es218 that needs painting.
the midtops are simply mt-130 with an XT8 ontop!

cheers from stockholm, Sweden.

so funny man....just did a search for thread we chatted on about the MT-130, XT8 combo to see how it was going for you and BAM look you've done! Clap Great work, looks well wicked!

Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 4:06pm
Great stuff , would love to hear when finished.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>