Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mega of London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

Here's a bashed up version for those who haven't seen the FR3 system
Lovely sounding system for it's size.

Now you've just got to remember where you stored it ...
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

I can actually swing a cat round in our garage now Eddie as the stocks are dwindling somewhat---I still have about 200 assorted drivers which I really need to sort out and get them moved on before the mice come back indoors for the winter period and still have a wall of rackmounted gear as well.

I can sympathise with that John,i recently cleared out around 20 spare drivers,plonked them on ebay,some of the prices a little disapointing (£30 for a k130 etc) but in the end,to many spare drivers just become a bloody nuisance,they are awkward to store,you cant stack them up without the original cartons,and take up far to much room for the value.
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 6:56pm
The seller doesnt know it,but he has a pair of Mega 15" w-bins here...complete with the original side grab handles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115-Bass-Horns-Bins-Not-Scoop-Like-Martin-Audio-Unloaded-/261097915649?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&hash=item3ccaa60501
Be seeing you.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 7:55pm
Yes Ian----They even have the original wheels, BAF wadding and Mega speaker clamps as well---Only things missing are the front badges and rear spec badge panels
Now where did I put all those Mega badges that I have been keeping all these years?
WayneAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WayneAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 6:38pm
Hi

I know this post is a month old but it's worth a try.

Robo, you say you have lots of drivers kicking around. I don't suppose there is a Renkus Heinz ssd1800 or two in there by any chance?

Cheers

W
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 11:17pm
Sorry Wayne---No Renkus Heinz bits here at all which is suprising really as I seem to have virtually every driver thats ever been made here---Cheers--John.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 11:56pm
Oh well, guess somebody's won a t-shirt!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
WayneAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WayneAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 12:16am
I shall continue my search. Failing that I might have to find a new driver for my wedges

Cheers anyway

W.
Mrd999 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrd999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 10:14am
I  bought the ones off e bay, £100 the pair, drivers alone are worth that..They were a heck of a lot bigger in the flesh..

What goes around, comes around
Nikkolas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikkolas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 5:48pm
i came across this single box today. who knows something more about it?

Edited by Nikkolas - 20 October 2013 at 5:49pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 6:09pm
Yup,i remember those,date from around 1980/81,can be used a a stand-alone cabaret system,or as a mid-hi with the addition of a seperate bass cabinet. (a 2x15 reflex).

The above cabinets had Fane Studio L drivers.The acoustic lens was Mega's own one.
Be seeing you.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 6:16pm
are you sure they are fane studio L drivers there Ian? i recall these had volt 10" in, and those above look like the volt units with their finer pitch grille. Then again, its been a long time and i might be wrong.

nice cabs though, if they were near me i'd snap them up
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>