Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

void infinite 8 v2 WANTED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 5:17pm
I have seen different Crown Macrotechs (not 5000 though, never used / seen one actually), Crest CAs, 9001, Lab Gruppens, Voids, older Powersofts, Behringers, PSL, T.amp Prolines, QSCs etc behaving badly. What does that mean? They're all crap or they're all serious touring grade stuff? Can you always blame the product itself?

I've had different problems with Midas XL console, Behringer consoles, Soundcraft consoles, Allen & Heaths, Yamaha consoles (analog & digital), Studer Vista, Harrison Trion, Crests etc... Our Cadac J is quite high mainteinance beast too. Most problems with these consoles have been quite small, but every once in a while you come across quite unworkable console. Does this mean these all are proper heavy weight stuff or flimsiest amateur crap? Can you always blame the product itself?

I've had Void passive crossover drop its capacitors during transit. I've seen many Meyer powered loudspeakers go wrong. I've seen F1 R4 8" driver and F221 21" driver going faulty in a system tuned and setup by Newsh. Can you always blame the product itself?

I have had problems with Klark, DBX, TC, XTA, Behringer, LA Audio etc rack gear also...

I don't get it how sometimes manufacturers get so much hate in here. I know Inf8mk2s that are constantly on road and doing just fine. Few channels of my own Inf5mk1s tend to fall asleep sometimes, that is mostly solved by now though.

There are gazillion different users, circumstances and gear combinations and requirements that play part in these things.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 5:26pm
Head, bang, wall, against.

It's been a few years since I heard about a "Modern" QSC, Crown, Crest, Powersoft, LabG, blow "AND"  take out all connected drivers with them.

With another brand, I've heard of this occurence 3-4 times this year alone, with different crews, also happened to myself. Same make & model of amp. That is more than just sweeping statements, or manufacturer hate.

Brand loyalty is great, but doesn't hide the facts.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Head, bang, wall, against.

Yes, that is rather often what these sorts of threads feel like.

It's been a few years since I heard about a "Modern" QSC, Crown, Crest, Powersoft, LabG, blow "AND"  take out all connected drivers with them.

And I've seen Infinite 8 v2s dead for all sorts of reasons, but only once have drivers been killed at the same time and that was due to a faulty cable. In fact, bar that edge case, other drivers I've seen fail when connected to an Inf 8 v2 have all passed away from having the coil cooked due to being given too much average power.

I do think that the jump from the 0dB light and the way the L light operates gives way too much leeway in terms of people not understanding how far they can push their kit, and this is something I'd change if I was in charge of the development of a revision or a new version, but this isn't something the amp is to blame for - operators should have limiters setup properly to prevent killing things if they're not able to hear the drivers screaming in pain or smell the glue…

Brand loyalty is great, but doesn't hide the facts.

This is more about preventing absolute FUD being spread rather than loyalty. I don't tend to use Void amps on our touring rigs any more, having moved to Powersoft K series, but that doesn't change my experiences. Your 'facts' are exactly the same thing.

Edited by toastyghost - 06 August 2012 at 5:43pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

This is more about preventing absolute FUD being spread rather than loyalty. I don't tend to use Void amps on our touring rigs any more, having moved to Powersoft K series, but that doesn't change my experiences. Your 'facts' are exactly the same thing.

OK, so everyone else who has had the amp blow drivers when going faulty, were all doing something wrong, because you've never seen or experienced it. And mentioning it, is spreading FUD.

Got it.Wink
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by inter-sound inter-sound wrote:

1000-1200

With at least 10x being advertised in the last 2x weeks, would actually think "real value", is more  like £900-£1100

I'd think that you can shove your self-serving 'real value' up your rear end, personally

Looooool ha ha ha ive run 8 bin off 1 for 8 hours a few times without problems !
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 6:16pm

OK, so everyone else who has had the amp blow drivers when going faulty, were all doing something wrong, because you've never seen or experienced it. And mentioning it, is spreading FUD.

Got it.Wink

Not quite - the point is that you're stating things as fact when that isn't necessarily the case. When your friends have seen this, what testing was done to isolate the problem? Who fixed or looked at the amp? Where is their service report, and was this given to the person the amp was then sold onto or not? These are things that are important in this line of work, and without them, your anecdotal information will be viewed with suspicion; as I'd also expect mine anybody else's to be in the same circumstances.

Without trying to be offensive, one thing I have noticed is that you do seem to have a bit of trouble accepting that things aren't always dealing in absolutes with no grey area.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by hi grade hi grade wrote:

Looooool ha ha ha ive run 8 bin off 1 for 8 hours a few times without problems !

Cool. how much are you selling yours for? LOL
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:07pm

1000-1200

With at least 10x being advertised in the last 2x weeks, would actually think "real value", is more  like £900-£1100

Haven't you sold yours for 1300?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Ras Loud Ras Loud wrote:

1000-1200

Haven't you sold yours for 1300?

That was few months ago, when they were in demand, as opposed to now, where is about 10x for sale on FB, SP,  FSP.Embarrassed
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:19pm
i have my own standards when it comes to posting in pointless forum threads nowadays, frankly i have better things to be doing out there. 

but i will say this and only this, save yourself the hassle and spend your money more wisely. 

you might by chance, get a solid infi8, or you might get one that like to limit far too late, or not at all...

even after void have had it on the bench 

right, back to my more dormant style on the forum. i,e. not here. 

p.s. illegal by trade descriptions - LOL - try and make that one stand in court. 

F.T.S.S.
inter-sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:25pm
I think the inf8 for its price is a brilliant amp, seriously they are the nuts. A bad workman blames his tools. We run ffa 8k on the same bass our of friends with inf8s thers not much in it but the inf8 has more juice
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:53pm

A bad workman blames his tools.

If your tools blow up, while being used correctly, it makes you a bad workman ?

http://www.thejanedough.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/facepalm.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>