Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q15 Compact 15" Bass bin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 9:19am
HA!! I see it now. Just that when I saw CNCWacko
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 9:20am
Originally posted by jamwa jamwa wrote:

oh Mykey, come and give us a cuddle........

OKHug
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 3:38am
Nice work Tony!

I'm getting the itch to upgrade to these reflex! (Or NEO equiviants of Big smile)

Ps. I hope the company have put in a good order since I left! ( I tried pointing them in the right direction Tongue)
Forward Motion SS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forward Motion SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 8:10am
Any pictures of the finished item Tony? Having the ply cnc'd looks like it makes life so easy Smile

Dodge

Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Forward Motion SS Forward Motion SS wrote:

Any pictures of the finished item Tony? Having the ply cnc'd looks like it makes life so easy Smile

Dodge

Still waiting for the 3" PVC pipe to turn up, ordered from a West Country suppliers Web-Shop*, 4 phone calls later, 2 Emails not answered and just about to cancel the order and get some elsewhere.

The CNC cut cabs took about 7 days from ordering to built and you get crappy service from a builders merchants!!! Don't know why I am surprised really :)

* http://www.apexsouthwest.co.uk/

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 12 October 2012 at 8:26am
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 12:16pm
OK tuning now done which I found quite tricky doing it with my normal way. In the end used REW in impedance measuring mode to get an exact figure for Fb. 

Not had a chance to test at war volume yet but with the correct B6 type EQ applied it sounds really impressive given the size.
These will be used with my new double 8" jobbies.

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 25 October 2012 at 12:17pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 1:40am
now that looks beautiful!

..mostly finished my Q12 with the neo you sold me, it just need corners and a real paint job, but hasnt stopped me playing it on an XT800 (bridged) for fun.

lending it to my 16yr old daughter this weekend for a halloween house party.... if she says its ok... i'll build a second til she says they're to much
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:32am
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

lending it to my 16yr old daughter this weekend for a Halloween house party.... if she says its ok... i'll build a second till she says they're to much

Even using one will be fun for an house party. You really need around 1000w of clean power if you want to push them to their limits, as you say the XT800 in bridged gives them a good tickle.

The Q15 goes a bit lower but has much better sensitivity. Although the driver uses the same motor assembly as the driver in the Q12 it does not need the relatively heavy cone of the 12" and also of coarse being a bigger driver also helps.

Tony
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 5:29am
How big is this box? Will you be making it available or the plans? If so how much is a flatpack + driver vs a full finished unit? Looks perfect for my use.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 8:28am
Sam,  No mate the plans are available to anyone, the reason I do not publish plans first is because I like to make sure that the box performs well before I let it loose for use by others.

This was my first box that I have done designed for B6 alignment so I have been especially careful with this one.

Tony

p.s. It is 430 x 430 x 500 o/all

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 26 October 2012 at 8:30am
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:22pm
Feck me they're smaller than my ported 12s!
Thomas Hosker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Hosker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 4:11pm
Id be very interested in building some of these. Did SoS source the wood for you? Im assuming they sent you the flat pack? How much did the cab cost in the end? (if you dont mind me asking)

Regards,

Thomas
WWW.T8Audio.Com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>