Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Soundweb Help !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Soundweb Help !!
    Posted: 19 September 2012 at 10:14am
Just bought another soundweb, but can;t get it to talk to my lappy.. all the leads etc are fine, as i can talk to my others no issue, this one just doesn't get seen at all.. on either rs232.. tried a different lead to ..

thinking its something internal ?

Edited by brokenjoe - 19 September 2012 at 11:50am
error 404
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 5:05pm
your are using the front din port I assume, the read one runs a different baud (by default) which you have to manually confgure and it can also be put into a mode where you can't access the DSP (for Crestron integration and the like).

Assuming it is a 90xx not a 3088 you could try accessing it over the network by just plugging it into another 90xx series with a cat5 cable, it is not quite as quick as direct control but it will let you access boxes if the serial config is screwed....

brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 5:14pm
It's a 9088
Yeh I've tried changing the baud rate etc, I know the set up works as I can plug into my others without any issues., I did think it may be possible to control via a cat 5 will try that later .. Thank you!

will i be able to reset the rs232s if this is the case ? if so.. how? 

Edited by brokenjoe - 19 September 2012 at 5:38pm
error 404
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 3:43am
WOuldnt connect at all.. To either 9088 when linked.. Unlinked, and it found the working one no problem..

error 404
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 3:55am
so you used a cat5 to connect the new one to an old one, in to out on the net jacks and then RS-232'd the old one and the new one didn't appear in teh inventory as you went on-line?

Did the SW-net go up with the lights on the front showing a master and link?

Smile
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 9:04am
could be the power supply on its way out, the front panel lights work off the 24v rail and the rest off the 5v rail .. or the other way round .. cant remember now ... power the unit down, take the lid off, power it up and after 2-3 secs listen for a click , if it doesnt click you prob need power supply worked on
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)