Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Line array Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 2:19am

ok here guys...

its been long that ive been searching for explainations

why those 2 low frequency drivers in line arrays are

only seen

from slots or meaning party covered and partly

exposed?

are there optimum measurements for these?

.....power is nothing without control....
BlackCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 9:19am
The slots are 1) a kind of phase plug 2) the throat of MF horn.
Such slots are often used in mid- and small-sized designs of LA like EAW KF 730, HK Cohedra etc.
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 2:54pm
so are there optimum measurements for this?

or do we still use some sort of software to acquire the optimum size ?
.....power is nothing without control....
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 3:03pm
TDA, they look like the exact same product as that fame sell, what do they sound like?
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
drbeat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 10:27pm
hi: Hola a plane is possible with dimensions mas clear thank you
audiopro
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 2:50pm
one of the companys i work for, use a dynacord cobra4 'line array'. this is a compact system primarily for ground stacking ect...

looking at the data sheets on the website, they dont seem at all impressive. the frequency response is all over the place, they have silly ratings and for the cost arnt at all efficient!

to me this is just a compact three way reflex box with lots crammed in. single 15, four mids in series parellel and single comp (top) or tripple comp on waveguide (far).

they do sound nice, but id expect something like this to sound a bit more impressive. great to work with too... stacks together and locks with little knobs n dimples, daisychain the NL8's through the tops and plug into the amps patchbay!!

the 'FARS' have three comps hence not a bad output, but still far from flat.

the 'TOPS' have massive upper range dips in response and are only 100db/1w efficient... for something with so many drivers and 'line array' id expect better.

the subs amuse me most ... called a 'Planar waveguide bass horn' - what the hell is this!? omnidirectional bass... spl of 101db/1w ... fair enough. response of 30-150hz -10db... bit silly really... from the response it only looks useable to 50hz!!! on their controller settings, the EQ in the 30-50hz is rele high with a Hipass at 30hz! technically makes it flat to 30hz but at the serious lack of power handling.

so am i right in saying this isnt too hot a product? just a dodgy folded sub and bad responsed reflex midtop with easy logistics?
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 9:46pm
i actualy heard a few planar wave horns this weekend, for a few seconds, not the cobras though just some diy using nexus_3 [mircea bartic] plans available here, they were loaded with some random fanes from some random dare audio boxes so there real suitability is unknown.... howether i was quite impressed overall with them, plenty of pop......
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
tkila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 8:00am
how do i upload a picture

Edited by tkila - 28 January 2008 at 8:56am
good luck speaker builders
tkila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 8:51am

check my line array      

Edited by tkila - 29 January 2008 at 12:49am
good luck speaker builders
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by tkila tkila wrote:

how do i upload a picture

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13167
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 3:00pm
@tkilla [good name by the way]
nice looking boxes there, what drivers? and are there plans about???
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 3:34pm
looks like Kappa 12 + LA6CB-MR + P-audio Line array horn + some 1"drivers, PSd-2002 perhaps?

what are the crossover points?
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>